Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

There is a new 3 man podcast coming in Mid January 2017 and we are deep into our pilot sessions. We are looking to expand our test listeners group and would like to approach the board game community for feedback leading up to January. The podcast is called "Across the Board" and we are seeking 5-10 test listeners willing to take notes and give constructive feedback before we launch. We are ramping up the production quality in the next 3 months which is why we are looking for the feedback.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Ryan Freshman
"Across the Board" - A board gaming podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell us a bit more about the gist of your podcast ? What style you are going for ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takezo Qc wrote:
Can you tell us a bit more about the gist of your podcast ? What style you are going for ?

A little back round about us. We are all located in Omaha,Nebraska and have been gaming together for over 15 years. We are all in our 30's and really felt like this was the natural progression for us to continue in the hobby. We are at a point where we want to be influential and help grow the hobby and get people back to the table and away from the digital. We are passionate and opinionated and as most shows go... this will be a reflection of our interpretations and opinions.

As for structure of the show... we are still in final development but are settling in to a once per month podcast but really as explained below we will be a bi-weekly podcast that will be 60 minutes and no more then 90 minutes. We will be focusing on topical discussions related to board gaming and having a designated interview with a designer, developer or someone else who is in the industry each episode. Our target interviewee's are up and comers in the board game world who are potentially launching their first kickstarter or new game. As the new guys we want to come along other people who are new and diving head first into the behind the scenes world of board gaming. What makes us different then other shows is we will have our official reviews separate from the topical discussion show. What this does is make us more of a Bi-Weekly podcast... After months of listening, reading blogs, forums etc we have found there are 2 distinct listening groups... people that want review content and people who want banter and fun discussion. When you jump into an in depth review with an official "rating" based on our scoring system the people who want the banter and lighthearted discussion may get lost in the fray and lose interest and likewise when you have a topical light hearted discussion the people looking for the meaty review may be trying to skip ahead to find the review and get frustrated. We feel the solution is to completely seperate the two... and it is unique from the other podcasts out there.

We will be dubbed as a light hearted fun topical show... but we will post at least 1 podcast game review with our scoring system per month.. but not limited to 1. (some months could upload 2-3 reviews) We will absolutely review the hottest current games as well as the classics.

This is a taste of who we are.

Hope this helps and thanks for the comment.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to listen. I'll PM you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd give it a listen, I can't promise I'll be useful in my comments, but I'll try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takezo Qc wrote:
I'd give it a listen, I can't promise I'll be useful in my comments, but I'll try.

Just sent you a PM... thanks for the interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.