Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Pessina
Italy
Vimercate
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the first two player game , some things are not clear to me:
1)If in the same turn, as the active player, I move both some barbarians and my troops in 1 enemy province, how many battle are fought? Can I make first the attack with the barbarian to weaken the enemy and then attack with my soldier?
2)My I use 1 coin to move a barbarian in one of the mine province and fight a battle? (Can be useful to make 1 barbarian attach a stronghold and automatically bean defeated...)
3) Does any barbarian re-enter game after bean defeated?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deckert
United States
Salina
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) The rules seem vague but here is my understanding. If you're in the same space as Barbarians and you're the active player, they are essentially like your legions. So it's a single battle. I take this from the wording, "Barbarians, that you moved, fought for you, and remain with your units..." I may be reading too much into this, but in the regular game you don't have multiple attacks even if there is more than one persons units in a Province. Each person has their own turn and the Barbarians don't have a turn. So this seems to be consistent with the regular rules.
3) No, The 6-player expansion has a centaur which costs 6 to bring back. The Troia expansion has a Myrmidon which costs 6 to bring back. Nothing is stated about bringing back Barbarians, so I'm assuming you can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jamesdeckert wrote:
1) The rules seem vague but here is my understanding. If you're in the same space as Barbarians and you're the active player, they are essentially like your legions.

I'm not convinced. If barbarians are left over in a city where you have a fortress one your opponent's turn, and then you play and don't pay them to move out, I think there has to be a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Prometeo wrote:
After the first two player game , some things are not clear to me:
1)If in the same turn, as the active player, I move both some barbarians and my troops in 1 enemy province, how many battle are fought? Can I make first the attack with the barbarian to weaken the enemy and then attack with my soldier?

I'd say you act as if Barbarians were a player you allied with, that plays BEFORE you : so you'd first move them and have them fight, then you'd get them and fight again. I might be wrong.
Quote:

2)My I use 1 coin to move a barbarian in one of the mine province and fight a battle? (Can be useful to make 1 barbarian attach a stronghold and automatically bean defeated...)

I'd say yes : thematically, you're sending them on a false mission and then ambush them.

Quote:

3) Does any barbarian re-enter game after bean defeated?
Thanks!

NO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deckert
United States
Salina
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Osuniev wrote:
jamesdeckert wrote:
1) The rules seem vague but here is my understanding. If you're in the same space as Barbarians and you're the active player, they are essentially like your legions.

I'm not convinced. If barbarians are left over in a city where you have a fortress one your opponent's turn, and then you play and don't pay them to move out, I think there has to be a fight.

The battle happens on your opponents turn. I'll finish the quote I started in my previous post. "Barbarian, that you moved, fought for you , and remain with your units in a Province at the end of your tunr (sic), will attack you during your opponent's turn!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deckert
United States
Salina
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've sent this thread up the chain to Academy Games, so I believe you'll get an official answer soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Pessina
Italy
Vimercate
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll check there for the answer :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking them. My thoughts (after my first game 2-player last night) are

Barbs attack with you as if your own legions so you would fight one battle using the combined number of Barbarian plus your own legions in one dice roll. When attacking with a combined force, I assume you choose whether it is a Barbarian or your own legion.

On your opponent's turn, if Barbarians are present in the same province as you, then they will attack you. Your opponent can during his Move phase move other Barbarians or other of his own legions into the province, and they would attack as one force just like above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deckert
United States
Salina
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That seems the easiest interpretation without adding new rules on who attacks first, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.