5 Posts

The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches» Forums » Rules

Subject: gold beach scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wesley sermeus
Belgium
flag msg tools
i wonder where i have to place the units for german reinforment hex b?
i have a big reinforment hex a on the 352division but i do not see the B?
I assume this is a mistake on the division sheet, since the others have A,B and c hexes, but on the 352 division display there is only 1 big german reinforment hex A?

Can anyone confirm this, since i do not see it in the errata.
thx

kr
wes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Wesley - the reinforcement hexes on the division sheet are for the full campaign game and don't apply to scenarios...

You can find the locations of the reinforcement hexes for a scenario, if they apply, under the "Markers" heading in the scenario book under that scenario. Counters have also been provided for you to mark these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wesley sermeus
Belgium
flag msg tools
thx Adam for the answer.

I put the german reinforcement counters a en b on the hexes as mentioned in the scenario book. But to not put the wrong stack on the map i would like to have had some counters to match with the reinforcemnet hex counters so i would know which stack is for A en which is for B. Now it's not big of a problem in this scenario but it would be handy

Another question i had was with the artillery parks counters. I noticed on vassal and on a video made by ty that those counters are placed in hexes 69.004 and 83.005 but i do not see that in the scenario book anywhere mentioned. Probably i am missing something.

Sorry for those questions, but i am trying to start learning this game and i read the gts2.0 rules now once and trying the first 2 scenarios in the book to understand the system. But 1 thing for sure i do not regret to spent over 200$ on this game, because i like it a lot.

thx

kr
wes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not following what you are saying about placing the reinforcements on their hexes but I can't change that now anyway...my apologies for making something harder for you than you think it should be will have to do.

On the arty parks, they are just "off-map"...I suspect Ty just put them somewhere convenient but they aren't placed in any specific hex.

No problem on questions at all! I'm very glad you're having fun with the game. It gets better as you move to bigger scenarios too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Arty Parks in Vassal they just need to be four or more hexes from where you are going to shoot in those beach scenarios. Any closer and the attack wizard uses the wrong line on the CRT. Move them around as needed. The guns can reach any of the hexes on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.