11 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: The Miskatonic Museum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
New preview about the first Mythos pack, featuring some very interesting new cards:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Of course, this confirms that level 0 card will be in the Mythos packs (but it sounds like higher-level cards come later in the cycle). It also strongly implies that Jenny will be Dunwich's new Rogue investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really loving all these options to play with and manipulate "between game" effects. It's a design space that seems pretty unique among CCG/LCGs. I appreciate that they're really putting effort into making a campaign a cohesive thing, and not just a set of discrete scenarios strung together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
url=ttps://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/4/the-miskatonic-museum/

Your link is broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
url=ttps://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/4/the-miskatonic-museum/

Your link is broken.

More precisely, it's missing an “h” at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question. Do you not get the between game effect until it's been out in play? Meaning, you can't just buy it, then immediately switch the two bonus cards, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:
My question. Do you not get the between game effect until it's been out in play? Meaning, you can't just buy it, then immediately switch the two bonus cards, right?

I have to imagine you'd immediately get any benefit of 'purchased' cards in-between scenarios; otherwise you wouldn't be able to add any upgraded cards to the deck. "Spend experience and customize decks in any order" or some such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL I love it -- let's announce a couple more expansions before it comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
LOL I love it -- let's announce a couple more expansions before it comes out.

It keeps moral really boosted for it though, knowing they already have a bunch of plans for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
It keeps too many people from suggesting that the game is dying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
I'm really loving all these options to play with and manipulate "between game" effects. It's a design space that seems pretty unique among CCG/LCGs. I appreciate that they're really putting effort into making a campaign a cohesive thing, and not just a set of discrete scenarios strung together.

Agreed, getting more excited for this game to come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:

From the article:

"A card with the permanent keyword starts each game in play and is not shuffled into your investigator deck during setup.

A card with the permanent keyword cannot be discarded by any means."

From that, it sounds like it would need to be "In Play" to have an effect, but won't be In Play until the start of a game. So I think you are correct in that you cannot just buy it and immediately use its effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.