Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slack is a free service for setting up private chat rooms. It's free to use and is available either as a web page or an iOS//Android app.

One has been set up for Western Massachusetts gaming. This is a place where gamers in the area can come together to find gamers, talk games, annouce events or sales, arrange trades, etc.

Right now it's using the free slack room, so to get in you need an invite. If you are interested, please geekmail myself or

Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

with your email address and we'll send you an invite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hsu
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know how long you guys have had it setup but if it's just starting, I'd make sure to compare it against Discord. Discordapp.com.

They have a lot of overlap but I think discord does a better job of the loose affiliation style of organization while slack is a lot more targeted for business/everyone has the same email address type usage.

One advantage discord has is that you can make an invite link rather than having to manually invite.

I use both and my breakdown is largely in that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I will check that out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Compter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may be so bold as to also recommend checking ou these Meetup.com groups: 2 Flights Up Game Studio, Berkshire County Tabletop Gamers.

_________
| homas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.