A.J Sinett
msg tools
My father's side of the family meets up for the holidays every year. There's 12 of us cousins, consisting of ages 18 to 35 with jobs from librarian to doctor. We love party games. We frequently play mafia and card games. We've also gone through every single cranium card in every edition & every expansion (it's our favorite game). We also went through all of the Headbands cards before writing our own and going through those.

Our favorite games are Cranium. Headbands, Hoopla, and Catchphrase. We're getting a little bored of all those options. Complex rules aren't received well by some members so easy to learn is a must. We love getting up and doing things and just generally looking like idiots. Amy suggestion would be great!

Side note: I've heard things about Codenames and Cash n Guns so I'd be interested in hearing about those and any other suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you said, both Codenames and Cash 'n' Guns would be great options. Both games have a listed player count of 8 players, but I'd think you'd be able to scale up to 12 without issues (as long as a few people are ok with using a banana or finger guns for Cash 'n' Guns). I have both games, so if you have any specific questions about either, I should be able to answer.

You mentioned Mafia. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out One Night Ultimate Werewolf and the Resistance. I'd recommend Spyfall as well, but that caps at 8 players and can't really be scaled up.

If you have a group that large and enjoy social deduction games, Two Rooms and a Boom might be another good option. There's a print-and-play version available for free on Tuesday Knight Games' website.
http://www.tuesdayknightgames.com/tworoomsandaboom/

Also, along the same lines of Headbands and Hoopla would be Monikers.

That's all I have off the top of my head, but I'll add more if I think of anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wits & Wagers Party

Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack

Mascarade

I love telestrations best! Mascarade is pretty insane. I haven't tried wits and wagers yet but heard it's quite a good game.

Code names seems to be more hit and miss with some people hating it in comparison to other games available.

And depending on your limitations Cards Against Humanity

Snake Oil you could prob play with 12.

If you want something a little more gamey then we really like Saboteur (compilation editions) - if you make sure you get the version with the saboteur 2 expansion - this plays up to 12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
*sigh*

You're looking for Cards Against Humanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We've played Pictureka! with a whole heap of people before also - can be fun if you're drinking oh and Snorta! too. It says plays for less but there are 12 animals in there I think. Would need to be drinking for those two maybe lol! We play these when kids are around lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
river tam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12 is perfect for Eat Poop You Cat. Free as well.

Spinergy and Tabloid Teasers great as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That might be a big enough group to play Cat on Yer Head

I don't know how to do links on this forum, just look it up. Or watch the SU&SD video of them playing it at GenCon (I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh and we've even play you are the weakest link with paper and a box of pub quiz cards lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia Browne
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mbmb
Give Codenamesa try. It should work fine if everyone can look at the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's not a lot of games that accommodate 12,but these are some of the best.

Dixit Odyssey
Time's Up! Title Recall!
Time's Up!
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
Concept
Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition
Two Rooms and a Boom
Mascarade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Cheney
United Kingdom
derby
derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Codenamesit's cheap for a start and will play 12 easily as it's just 2 teams. There is now also Codenames: Pictures

As suggested if you look at Snake Oil it is hilarious. Far superior to cards against humility/humanity.

12 is quite difficult in terms of simply being able to hear each other. Team games definitely could be the way forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
SaggyUK wrote:
Wits & Wagers Party

Mascarade

I love telestrations best! Mascarade is pretty insane. I haven't tried wits and wagers yet but heard it's quite a good game.

Code names seems to be more hit and miss with some people hating it in comparison to other games available.

And depending on your limitations Cards Against Humanity

Snake Oil you could prob play with 12.

If you want something a little more gamey then we really like Saboteur (compilation editions) - if you make sure you get the version with the saboteur 2 expansion - this plays up to 12

Eeeek, I didnt mean to condemn code names - it's apretty good game that most people like. I had meant spyfall can be a bit hit and miss but must have confused the names in my head lol!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ooh and I've just remembered one called CS Files that plays to 12, I think it is also called Deception: Murder in Hong Kong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
*sigh*

You're looking for Cards Against Humanity.

No, s/he's not.
I think Happy Salmon might be a good option, if you enjoy being active and silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.