United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has already been asked...

Can those earlier FFG Print On Demand expansions be used with MoM 2nd edition (such as The Silver Tablet)?

I have never seen one of the mini expansions, so I have no idea how they would affect the game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked...

Can those earlier FFG Print On Demand expansions be used with MoM 2nd edition (such as The Silver Tablet)?

I have never seen one of the mini expansions, so I have no idea how they would affect the game.

Thanks!

Not so far. The only things the previous edition adds to the game is tiles, monsters, and investigators (no cards) so it's unlikely the PoD expansions will ever have any effect on 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most we can hope for is perhaps new scenarios down the line that use concepts from the POD scenarios (Yellow Sign please). But as they currently exist, they won't contribute to 2nd edition at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a 1st edition veteran, stay as far away from The Silver Tablet POD as humanly possible. In fact I might use this as my example from now on when I argue against having 1st ed scenarios put in this app.

Them: "I want the 1st edition scenarios"
Me: "Silver Tablet"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That bad, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I remember at one point some people around here wanted to return it as a broken product. Funny thing about 1st edition was that the rule of thumb regarding scenario quality was that the later the scenario was release wise, the better it was to play. So base game was poor to middling and call of the wild was amazing. That rule also made the game pretty daunting for new players which I guess might have been a factor on why it stopped getting expansions very suddenly, and instead got the 2nd edition so soon comparatively speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

All of which makes me happy I sold the 1st edition and eventually ended up with the 2nd edition- which I like very much.

Thanks for the input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.