Hide
10 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Semi-spoilery question: How many islands? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
I have a naming convention for in-game locations in mind that relies on there being at least nine of them to have any point.

So, can I be reasonably confident of naming at least nine different islands or other locations over the course of the game?

This also affects the name I'll choose for my faction leader, so I want to have a general idea at the outset. Please no super-specific spoilers, tho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexprone wrote:
So, can I be reasonably confident of naming at least nine different islands or other locations over the course of the game?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Islands? No. All "other locations"? Maybe, but not surely.

If you study the initial game board, you can probably guess how many islands there will be. Your share of those is less than 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The exploration sheet depicted in the rulebook without any spoilers includes stickers for eight islands, plus the four that are already printed on the board. Without going into spoilers as to what's contained in the boxes, that should be enough for your purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
The exploration sheet depicted in the rulebook without any spoilers includes stickers for eight islands, plus the four that are already printed on the board. Without going into spoilers as to what's contained in the boxes, that should be enough for your purposes.

Are you assuming he's the only player in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Tryhard
msg tools
There are four of us, I'll be lucky to get more than three. Back to the drawing board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
DaviddesJ wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

Are you assuming he's the only player in the game?

I interpreted the OP as someone who was setting up a naming convention to be shared by the whole group, but the later comment puts that notion to rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You earn the right to name things, in the game. I don't care about that, personally, but I suspect most people wouldn't want to give that up to some kind of group selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe this group is fully committed to naming the islands with thematically similar names, rather than everyone doing their own thing. Maybe not. Not my place to judge or make assumptions about how they are playing. All I know is that the OP asked how many islands were in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you assume each area that is on the side of the board is a different island then you have 15. That isn't a spoiler is on PHG website.

Now of those some may already have names, some don't. So how many can one individual get I doubt it will be 9 as the OP asks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pisani
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
i'm really curious about the names now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.