Subject: Find the halflings! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Tumpane
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hi gang-

So I am re reading the books right now, and was inspired by the beginning of the two towers and rafamirs "treason of isengard " variant.

I was thinking that what if an army of saruman regulars was able to get in the same location as the fellowship they could do a sort of 'hunt for the ring' where if they are successful (1 or 2 sixes) they can separate two hobbits from the fellowship, or potentially they could be taken as casualities.

I thought this could be an interesting way to add some elements of strategy for the isengard faction. The benefit for the shadow is obvious, they could lower the number of meat shields in the fellowship. For the FP, the benefit is that the shadow will have spent actions a plenty to get yo the same region and hunt for them.

I think that the number of rolls to find the halflings would simply be the number of units in the isengard army. The shadow player would use a character action die to conduct the hunt. This could be it's own small variant, or perhaps an added element to rafamirs treason of isengard variant. ..

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver O'Brien
msg tools
Maybe the hobbits automatically go to Orthanc and have to stay there until the Wizard falls?

I like it... how do you balance it out though? Maybe activate and advance Rohan?

Tricksy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.