Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

SOS Titanic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Has Anyone EVER "Won' (60 pts) This Game?? (And a change to anchor scoring) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ima Dork
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 29 games so far. 56 was best score.
FIVE was my worst. angry
(Got THE worst cards/shuffle of the decks)

Based on the role the 'luck of the deal' plays: I don't see how getting 60 is ever too likely.

Which leads to the anchor scoring rule:
One of the crew men has a skill that is utterly useless, rearranging anchor cards, because you ONLY get to score consecutive anchors IF if you get the perfect game, 60 pts.
I changed the rule to 40 points to count anchors.
It's still tough, at least for me (and as a former member of Mensa-I don't think I'm too much of a dope ), to pass 40 with any consistency so the anchors still work in the game as a bonus for good (vs nigh impossible) play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find I have the most success if I use multiple characters. Playing 3-handed you can find some nice synergies with the special player powers. Using that, I have hit 60 points a few times (out of 20+ plays). Playing 1-handed I've never come close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Christianv wrote:
I find I have the most success if I use multiple characters. Playing 3-handed you can find some nice synergies with the special player powers. Using that, I have hit 60 points a few times (out of 20+ plays). Playing 1-handed I've never come close.

!!! I never even thought to do that! D'oh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played about 10 times, and we got all of the passengers out ONCE. It is very satisfying when it does happen, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
My wife and I have played about 10 times, and we got all of the passengers out ONCE. It is very satisfying when it does happen, though.

I've played it dozens upon dozens upon dozens of times; and when playing solitaire, I use one character and "win" (score of 60 or higher) probably once or twice every dozen games. My "winning" scores have ranged from the upper 60's to the mid-80's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Hobbes
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I reached 83 points in my first play of SOS Titanic and thought the game was too easy. Well never again after that I even reached 60

Last game ended with 13 points cry

I only play the game solo with one character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mbmbmbmbmb
listrahtes wrote:

I reached 83 points in my first play of SOS Titanic and thought the game was too easy. Well never again after that I even reached 60

Last game ended with 13 points cry

I only play the game solo with one character.

My first game had me score 84!

I still sometimes get scores in the 70's , but very rarely. More typically, my scores are somewhere in the 30's or 40's, with the occasional score less than 20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.