Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During Age II of an Advanced Game the other day, a question arose of how to score the Michelangelo leader bonus for a player who had also constructed the Kremlin wonder.

The only rules section I could find on point was page 3, which suggests that the unhappy faces on the Kremlin card cancel out two happy faces. I can see this would mean you move the happy face token down by two spaces, but does this then mean Michelangelo automatically scores two culture per turn less?

Here's an example to illustrate: Player has 5 happy faces total, four that would be from temples, theaters and wonders associated with Michelangelo and a fifth from another source, say the colony that has a happy face on it. One player we consulted suggested the player could pick and choose which happy faces would be adversely affected by the Kremlin, such that in the example the player would have the Michaelangelo bonus reduced from four to three. Another possibility would be that it would be reduced to two, and I think someone came up with a rationale (which right now escapes me) that the Michaelangelo bonus would stay at 4.

What, pray tell, is the official interpretation from the CBG on this question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Lehrer
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting question. We have played that since the unhappy faces are from a wonder that they both count against Michaelangelo's bonus, but I too would love to hear the definitive from CBG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:
Here's an example to illustrate: Player has 5 happy faces total, four that would be from temples, theaters and wonders associated with Michelangelo and a fifth from another source, say the colony that has a happy face on it. One player we consulted suggested the player could pick and choose which happy faces would be adversely affected by the Kremlin

I would say that the Kremlin does not affect Happy Faces production, but instead produces Unhappy Faces. So, in the example, the civilisation produces 5 Happy Faces and 2 Unhappy Faces. The net result is three Happy Faces, as would be indicated by the token. However, the civilisation still produces 5 Happy Faces, and Michelango would gain full points (four, in this case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.