Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game, had my first play and loved it. I'd like to get some expansions, especially to add a 5th player, but I'm a little confused where to start. What are the best expansions to get and are they readily available anywhere? I couldn't find them on the Petersen site or my FLGS. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
They made a second kickstarter specifically to produce more Cthulhu Wars, including expansions (new and old).
The late pledge manager was put offline just a couple weeks ago.
It reportedly ships to backers around jan/feb 2017.

A third kickstarter/reprint is reportedly in the works after that.

So... in jan/feb, expect more people and shops to have a bit of stock (even that's going to be hard to find).
In the meantime, inflated-prices eBay is where they are (though even the main expansions are a rarity there). There will be more popping up on eBay when people receive their second kickstarters.

Supposedly, the main game is going to be available in non-kickstarter versions for stores sometimes in 2017. With some of the main expansions coming after that.

As for expansions, the typical answer is to get them roughly in this order:
- The factions expansion first
- The Azatoth expansion second
- One or two alternate maps after.
- Whatever else after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Any advice on which faction expansion to get if I can only get one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get one of the additional factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy told me in person they actually do have stock of some items, but their web store is problematic. Try contacting him directly to see what they have. It might just be Core Games, I am not sure. I mentioned to him that I bought Dreamlands on eBay and that is what started the conversation, so maybe they have expansion stuff.

send an email to support@petersengames.com and tell them you are looking for expansion material.

Let us know what they say! I still need a few maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would go with this order for expansions (not counting the stuff from the most recent KS):

High priests
Opener
Sleeper
Windwalker
A map or Some IGOOs
Neutral Spellbooks last
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
duckduck wrote:
Thanks! Any advice on which faction expansion to get if I can only get one?

If you want one NOW, i'd get whatever you can find... doubt you're going to have much choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Mader
msg tools
Email sent to Petersen Games... I'll let you guys know what they say. I asked about Sleeper and Windwalker, as I couldn't afford all the factions during the Onslaught 2 pledge manager period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to them and they said they were going through their stock, trying to figure out what was going to be made available for sale through their website on a first come first serve basis. They suggested I check their site from time to time to see any new stock that gets posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Mader
msg tools
Yeah, I just heard back from them too! They said they should have some (specifically referring to the factions) on their store soon, and to keep an eye out as they weren't playing favorites or doing an email list

Exciting stuff, I missed Sleeper and Windwalker in the KS, but it'd be nice to have and use them while I wait for my pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.