Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, do you apply "Departing Survivor" stuff to special showdowns?

I've got a set of things (both good and bad) that happen to "Departing Survivors" in a year that I have a special showdown, and I was wondering if I apply it to the four that go on the special showdown, and then again when they depart for the year's hunt.

Do they only apply to the first group to depart? Do they only apply to the departing survivors going on the hunt? Or do they apply both times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if it is spelled as "departing survivors this year" or is a lingering effect from a settlement event, it applies both times (since you are departing from the same Settlement Phase).

If it is just written as "departing survivors", I guess that may apply only once to the first group departing (so, the special showdown guys), but that's only my 2c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, it really depends how it's described. If the wording does make it clear we'd probably go by whether the cause of the bonus/negative would still be relevant after the special showdown. For example if something cheered up the departing survivors to give them a bonus it probably wouldn't make sense for the next departing group to also have that bonus. If something fell from the sky and gave off weird fumes that year it might make sense that the effect was still active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was from a settlement event separate from the showdown. If it were attached to the showdown, I feel like it'd only apply to the one. And it is an interrupting showdown, as in, it happens outside of the timeline.

Both positive and negative effects are permanent, and fluff-wise it could easily work ether way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Name of the event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmb
After a special showdown , if I fail to kill the nemesis do I still get the original endeavors and the resources from the previos hunt ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
you still have the original, unused endeavors, even if you lose other returning survivors in the special showdown.

about resources from previous hunt, someone was carrying them, so unless you lose the carrier, you still get the resources (assuming that the special showdown happens before archiving, it usually does).

the gray area here is the exact condition of carrying resources: it is stated that you can pass resources between survivors (during showdown, you can do that for free when two survivors are standing next to each other), so I'd probably rule that you lose those original resources only if you dispatched all returning survivors to the special showdown and then you had a TPK. but I'm not sure of this ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
actually, if you have graves, I think you will get more endeavors if someone dies in the special showdown. IIRC, getting graves endeavors is not related to the condition of returning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.