Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Sky Kingdom Games is excited to announce the Kickstarter launch for Land of Zion, A high fantasy themed strategic card game with unit positioning, resource management, tactical gameplay, and high replay value. The campaign will run starting October 4th and end November 3rd.

You can check it out below.

http://kck.st/2dZb0gB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The name makes it sound like it should be about Jerusalem. You might want to reconsider that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thanks for the feedback Rob, but the name parallel and imagery was done on purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks kind of neat, but a CCG model is an immediate turnoff for myself (and I'm assuming many others).

Have you considered a non-CCG business model? I feel like you'd do a lot better with set expansions (see: Summoner Wars, Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn, any FFG LCG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hey Jacob -

This is definitely the feedback we receive most often. Here's why...

We did think about creating this title as a LCG but it would be tough given the rarity and amount of cards in the collection. Half the fun in Land of Zion is creating a deck to suit your play style and trying something new each time is great. Our team would constantly do draft nights where we would randomly pick teams and the gameplay was fantastic as well.

Constructed play however, is even better with players building teams around ability synergy and strategy. That is where the game really shines and why we wanted a collectible aspect to it.

One thing to consider is that we are including free packs at the base pledge and the booster is less than half off retail at $40.

Duplicate cards will also be used in the single player-storyline driven title we have being developed as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to agree with Jacob. There is enough competition in this area that you will not get a huge draw going the collectible route. The reason Magic is still popular is largely because of the tournament setting that they have built up over the years, and Magic players mostly want to play just Magic. Below is a short list of LCG's with a huge variety of options just off the top of my head.

Summoner Wars
Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn
Android: Netrunner
A Game of Thrones: The Card Game
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

While you mention variety and synergy with the cards, all of these games offer that without having to chase down the elusive rares needed to complete a deck. In fact, some players will buy a $10 LCG pack just to get a handful of the cards for their decks.

Many of us spent a lot of our hard earned cash in the 90's for that one grail card that is now completely worthless, so you will find many cautious and hesitant buyers here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
First I thought is was a religious game and I got put off, but then I saw it wasn't. Then I saw it was a CCG and I noped out of there.

Just make a complete set card game and do expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Koverath wrote:
First I thought is was a religious game and I got put off, but then I saw it wasn't. Then I saw it was a CCG and I noped out of there.

Hey did you see this was relaunched as an ECG? Check it out below.
[url]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skykingdomgames/land-of...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hurcomb
msg tools
Cool to see that you listened to what people said and made it a complete card game. Funding seems to be going alright as well. What tips do you have as soon I'll be kickstarting my game found below.

https://twitter.com/bethecardmaster
https://www.facebook.com/bethecardmaster/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
magauckland wrote:
Cool to see that you listened to what people said and made it a complete card game. Funding seems to be going alright as well. What tips do you have as soon I'll be kickstarting my game found below.

https://twitter.com/bethecardmaster
https://www.facebook.com/bethecardmaster/

Hi Jeff - there's a lot I could go over in regards to preparing for Kickstarter. I'll reach out to you on Facebook. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
This is an amazing looking game. You picked some great source material.

Have you thought about doing something similar with the Pilgrims Progress "universe"? There are so many cool characters and settings in those books.

Not knowing someones true motives until the moment of crisis is a great plot device in the books and could be worked into a game, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
adam wilson wrote:
This is an amazing looking game. You picked some great source material.

Have you thought about doing something similar with the Pilgrims Progress "universe"? There are so many cool characters and settings in those books.

Not knowing someones true motives until the moment of crisis is a great plot device in the books and could be worked into a game, I think.

That's actually an idea I have thrown around, and we may explore it in future expansions once we start world building and developing the story-line campaign. The next expansion we are planning introduces enemy and boss class characters and will support solo and co-op play.

Regards,
Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koverath wrote:

Yeah, to many game out there for CCG _ games yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bittermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
kskato wrote:
Koverath wrote:

Yeah, to many game out there for CCG _ games yuk

Good thing this game isn't a TCG...

It was changed to an expandable card game (ECG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.