Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just read the Miskatonicc Museum scene set and it says the Investigators seek to steal the Necronomicon before the forces of chaos take it first. This is kinda contradictory because Daisy Walker's unique Weakness IS The Necronomicon.. This kinda tells me that certain campaigns make you unable to use certain Investigators.. :s I really wanna play Daisy Agnes and Wendy when it comes out and I really like Dunwich but I was hoping to 'main' Daisy till I get her offed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The rwinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Come read my Arkham Horror stories on Twitter @ArkhamHorror
badge
Image courtesy of Smizmazmarlemagne
mbmbmbmbmb
Daisy has a specific translation (John Dee's, if I recall correctly) of the necronomicon. The one in the university is a Latin translation, so a different object entirely it would seem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Maddox
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
I just read the Miskatonicc Museum scene set and it says the Investigators seek to steal the Necronomicon before the forces of chaos take it first. This is kinda contradictory because Daisy Walker's unique Weakness IS The Necronomicon.. This kinda tells me that certain campaigns make you unable to use certain Investigators.. :s I really wanna play Daisy Agnes and Wendy when it comes out and I really like Dunwich but I was hoping to 'main' Daisy till I get her offed...

Hi,

I think that I heard that the Necronomicon that Daisy has as her weakness has a subtitle of a certain translation. From this, I think that we can infer that the Necronomicon that is going to be stolen is a different translation and may contain different information inside. So, I think that you would be okay playing Daisy.

Edit:ninja So Close
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the CoC LCG, there are several translations. This set references "Olaus Wormius’s Latin translation." Shouldn't be any conflicts with existing characters.

edit: ninja attack from all sides ninjaninjaninjaninjaninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The translation referred to in the Dunwich Legacy campaign--Olaus Wormius’s--isn't the same one as Daisy's weaknes, which is the John Dee translation.

So. Many. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Version details are serious business.
Source: Just about any BGG page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK there's no restrictions on the use of Invetigators in scenarios/campaigns.

As for The Necronomicon there's numerous translations so there can be multiple copies in the game. In the Call of Cthulhu LCG each faction had a different translation of the Necronomicon that could be used, eg The Necronomicon: John Dee Translation, The Necronomicon: Owlswick Translation, The Necronomicon: Petrus de Dacia Translation, etc. There were nine different cards in total, all different version of the Necronomicon.

So fear not... or be very afraid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think it's interesting to note that Daisy's Necronomicon is NOT unique, so mechanical there is no conflict if another card of the same name enters play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I noticed that but didn't really think it was a reason you could use her. I never played a Lovecraftian game save for Darkest Dungeon. Thanks though was a bit worried...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are not only multiple translations of the original Necronomicon, but also potentially more than one copy of each translation. So, there should be no conflict to use Daisy in the Dunwich campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
This kinda tells me that certain campaigns make you unable to use certain Investigators..

All in good fun, but that's a pretty big leap to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I make very big and bizarre leaps very easy sometimes I get it right but most of times I'm just 'crazy' surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely different versions of the Necronomicon, and many copies of the different versions. Those copies are in varied quality, som one version of John Dees Necronomicon might be better than another copy simply because it's more complete. E.g not missing pages etc.

Wilbur Whateley breaks into the Miscatonic university in The Dunwich Horror because their version of the Necronomicon is better than his.
So there's without a doubt cause for the investigators to get different copies of that dreaded book.

Edit: fixed typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
There are definitely different versions of the Necronomicon, and many copies of the different versions. Those copies are in varied quality, som one version of John Dees Necronomicon might be better than another copy simply because it's more complete. E.g not missing pages etc.

Wilbur Whateley breaks into the Miscatonic university in The Dunwich Horror because their version of the Necronomicon is better than his.
So there's without a doubt cause for the investigators to get different copies of that dreaded book.

Edit: fixed typo

Thanks for clearing that up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up

No worries, glad to be able to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming from an LoTR lcg background I can see why one might make that assumption. There are some quests that use certain named characters like Faramir, Arwen, or Grima. In those quests you aren't allowed to play with those characters per the uniqueness rule. I'm sure this game will have a similar rule but I like how in this particular case there is an actual lore reason why there is no conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.