Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the cards designed. I wondered if there is a simple PSD template so i can import my photos into layers with the standard poker card size of 63.5mm X 88.9mm or 3.5 x 2.5 inches.

I just want to add my photos print them out glue to a set of cards so i can test out my game. I can't seem to find a template.
Any help would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Ok, did I understood you correctly?
You have all the cards designed, so you have finished images of cards, and now you want to place them in rows and columns on the A4 sized paper to print them?

If you have made your cards already in the original size of 63.5 x 88.9 mm then you can place 9 of them on one A4 paper (3 x 3). You don't need a PSD template for that since you can make your own just by placing cards inside the file that is sized as A4. Your images will automatically snap to each others. You can use guides though to set the better spacing between them (because of bleed).

I'm sorry if I didn't understood you correctly, but I am trying to help you out since I do lots of preparations for printing on my work, and thus know also how to make templates for easy editing, especially if the cards are needed.

If you set your cards on A4 label paper that is not cut, you can then, after printing, cut the cards following guides and stick them to anything, even on pieces of cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not design them in a set size. I did it in high resolution so I could adjust them to different sizes if I wanted to.

Looking for a template that has the right size for printing. So I all I will need to do is adjust the size of each photo's to fit the template so I can print it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Ok, important question, are they 150, 300 or 600 dpi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set high so I could down grade later if needed. 600

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Ok, here is your template. It is a bit heavy for download since you asked to be 600 dpi (around 11.1 MB)

Inside the file you have:

- one large object that has a size of all 9 cards (3x3)
- one object sized as card with dimension you provided, set in the top left corner
- guides that you can use to snap your imported cards (your image will stick to them)
- cutting guides (you can make them a bit thinner if u wish)

Your PSD file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23200308/cards_template....

If you can't see guides go to: view > show > guides (check out the option)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my!
wow I never thought someone would make it. thank you
I thought you were asking about the dpi of the cards i had made.
Wow thank you very much

8Oj4N wrote:
Ok, here is your template. It is a bit heavy for download since you asked to be 600 dpi (around 11.1 MB)

- one object sized as card with dimension you provided, set in the top left corner
- guides that you can use to snap your imported cards (your image will stick to them)

Your PSD file:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8Oj4N wrote:

Your PSD file:

I can see the guides. Being a noob with photoshop, would you mind if i sent you a private email to ask simple questions on what you did?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.