Jo Pirard
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello fellow gamers,

My name is Jo Pirard and I’d like to introduce you all to the game I developed : Hypnose.
Hypnose is a deckbuilder for 2-4 persons, but I tried to add some interesting rules that make it stand out from other deckbuilders.

I’ve been playing card and boardgames for over 15 years and the idea for this game came to me two years ago. I met Patrick PickArt, one of Europe’s most famous hypnotists. He wanted to create a game about hypnosis, but didn’t know where to start, since he wasn’t much of a gamer. Together we got working on a cardgame that would be both fun and based on realistic hypnotic techniques.

Now, two years and countless playtests later, we are proud to present Hypnose! We are working together with a new Belgian (we are Belgians after all) publisher, Red Eyed Rabbit.

Hypnose is available on Kickstarter now, until October 25 and we have some cool stretch goals and rewards for our backers, including tournament mode and having your picture used as a model for new artwork.

We will also be present at Spiel 2016 in Essen, Germany, to present the game and give visitors the opportunity to try out the game at our booth (Hall 6, booth 6A-107)

The rules are available already in English, Dutch, French and German.

Here’s a intro video explaining the rules and showing a full game of Hypnose :

or you can watch the edited short video explaining the rules and gameplay :

So, what makes Hypnose stand out from other deckbuilding games?

First of all, there’s a board for keeping track of the scores. Each player starts out with full Mental Resistance, but through Hypnotic Duels, players lose Resistance. Once they hit zero, they’re completely hypnotised and out of the game. The last man standing wins. But along the spiral leading down to zero, there are certain spots that trigger an action for that player. These actions are both positive and negative, making you lose cards to the victor but also giving you bonuses. This mechanic makes sure the game remains balanced until the very end.

Also, I tried to make sure the actions on the cards are original. Applying standard strategies from other deckbuilders do not necessarily work in Hypnose. This gives the game a fresh feel, you will have to figure out your own strategy, sometimes counter-intuitive in comparison to other deckbuilding games.

So, take a look at the video, or come and try a game at Spiel. And be sure to let us know what you think about Hypnose!

Jo Pirard and Patrick PickArt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.