$30.00
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
So I know and have the usual answers of the past 5 years+

What I'm wondering is, what came out since the summer, and possibly coming this or next month with True SOLO (1 player/1 character), or Pure Co-op (1 player can run 2+ characters) games?

These can be Board, Card, Dice, but not just a pure push your luck like Zombie Dice.

I prefer Multi-purpose card driven games (or a blend)

Hope there's something out there.

Thanks !

ps-- I'm AWARE of Arkham Card Game, Pandemic, Andor Journey to the North, Too Many Bones, Venom Assault, Defenders of the Last Stand, all NArutos, all Panic series,....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoy wargames, Agricola, Master of Britain came out last week. Doesn't have lots of the stuff you mentioned though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To name but a few...

Scythe
Orléans: Invasion - expansion provides solo/co-op play
Tiny Epic Western
Tau Ceti: Planetary Crisis
Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures
V-Commandos
The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire

Try posting this question in the 1 Player Guild for another hundred or so answers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Mansion of Madness can be played solo (one person, two characters)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny Epic Western
Scythe
Star Trek Panic

Also, it's old but a reprint of Onirim.
I believe also Grizzled: At Your Orders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two that stand out to me:
Gloomhaven - Relatively typical fantasy theme with miniatures (though the races are an attempt to be unique haven't seen enough to form a decision yet). This one uses card play where you have access to your entire deck on every turn in lieu of rolling dice. Also a bit of a legacy/campaign element where the available quests and dungeons unfold through multiple plays and your character grows and changes over time. REALLY looking forward to this.

Edit: Just looked at your collection and saw you have Forge War. Gloomhaven is designed by the same guy. Hope that doesn't put you off this one as I think it's radically different from his previous offering.

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift - Uses roundels instead of dice or cards. Dungeon crawl with a fantasy/horror theme. Has miniatures and a campaign system. I think this one might already be through production and on it's way to stores, but not sure.

A little further out (like early 2017):

The 7th Continent - Cards are used as a modular board for a "choose your own adventure" style game. I like the look of this one but I find it harder to describe briefly as I'm not aware of any similar games or genres on the market.

Sword & Sorcery - another dungeon crawl with minis. This one comes from Ares Games which brought us Galaxy Defenders, currently one of my favorite games. Uses a similar enemy AI to Galaxy Defenders but from what I understand the gameplay is a bit more strategic and a bit less tactical. The pedigree is good, so I'm looking forward to it.

That's what I'm looking forward to. I don't know whether any of those mesh with your preferences though, so hope you find something useful here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Gloomhaven only uses miniatures for the hero characters. The monsters/villains are all cardboard standees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think that Spirit Island is likely to ship to KS and preorder backers in Nov/Dec. I like the theme of this card driven thematic eurogame: island spirits fighting against colonial settlers.

Both of Uwe Rosenberg's games,A Feast for Odin and Cottage Garden have solo modes and are supposedly out to retail in Oct/Nov.

Another soloable euro on the horizon is The Colonists.

And then there's Nemo's War (second edition), which might be available in the next month or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.