Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen the rulebook, but it seems the mechs can take damage. Does this game have "player elimination"?

Is this game expected to sell out quickly? I guess I'm asking if demand will be high enough that if we purchase it and for some reason don't like it, that we can reasonably get most of our money back on the resale market, even if its been played one or two times.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- no player elimination, having damage just make you mech inefficient (note that there is way to mitigate damage over time)

- They will sell 15k copy on oct 13th then they will start taking pre-order for another batch of 15k due for December. If those also sell out, they will order more copies for another batch. Note that there is a limit of 1 game per sell (per account?). This means that you should not order this game thinking to turn a profit by selling it 3 times the price on ebay as they are suppose to meet the demands. But the production value is really high for this game so you should be expecting to sell it for a fair price if you don't like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no player elimination. Damage takes the form of a deck of cards that you draw from that essentially mess with the programming of your mech. Things like forcing a 90 degree right turn or swapping the cards you have in two programming slots. I've seen each new scenario adds to the damage deck, but I doubt any of the new damage cards would put you permanently out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
arcnarenth wrote:
I've seen each new scenario adds to the damage deck, but I doubt any of the new damage cards would put you permanently out.

Confirming this - there is no player elimination at any stage of the game.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
arcnarenth wrote:
I've seen each new scenario adds to the damage deck, but I doubt any of the new damage cards would put you permanently out.

Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome to BGG and thanks for Mechs vs. Minions!

Here is some geek gold, buy an avatar on me!

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elitusprime wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
arcnarenth wrote:

Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, bud!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Snazzy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsus Malius
United States
Bayville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
elitusprime wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
arcnarenth wrote:

Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, bud!

Ooh this is fun, let's pimp you out. Here's some more GG to get an appropriate microbadge.

Thanks for being so helpful to everyone here!

http://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/18310

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh guys, I really appreciate the sentiment, but this isn't necessary. I'm not really a 'pimped out' sorta guy. I guess I will use this to add a League Microbadge, and I truly appreciate the kindness, but this doesn't need to become a thing.

Thanks, though, Karsus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Noel
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:
Oh guys, I really appreciate the sentiment, but this isn't necessary. I'm not really a 'pimped out' sorta guy. I guess I will use this to add a League Microbadge, and I truly appreciate the kindness, but this doesn't need to become a thing.

Thanks, though, Karsus.

Well BGG is a nice community, I know of maybe 2 or 3 game where all the toxic people seem's to be at, but not much salt in this part of internet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Thanks, though, Karsus.

Yay, the microbadge I made years ago hoping to get more people into LoL back in the day (and when I was working on an AoS/MOBA/LoL board game for fun).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.