$60.00
$20.00
B G
msg tools
designer
Hey all!

Super excited and proud to announce we're live on Kickstarter!

Follow and share the campaign using these links!

Back us on Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gbg/aegis-combining-rob...

Retweet using Twitter
https://twitter.com/Zephyr_Workshop/status/78337266524766208...

Our Announcement Video
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Howsare
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Re: 10/4 We're live on Kickstarter
Would it be possible to add more description to the two different starter boxes? If someone is only going to get one, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info to help them decide which one to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
msg tools
designer
Hey there!

We're putting up an update on the box differences, but mainly, the Arc Buster box has more straight-forward strategies while Sky Guard is slightly more technical.

The Arc Buster box contains:

Ainer who uses aggressive strategies around moving in quickly and attacking.
Poppet who utilizes wide-area bombs and Combat Drop to have full control over the battlefield.
Ixa who has highly-evasive robots that can stun and drain enemy forces.
Gamound who has very powerful, defensive robots that can push and pull others where he wants.

The Sky Guard box contains:

Etwal who uses Jet robots with very high mobility and becomes stronger as allies are destroyed.
Diane who takes advantage of stat buffs and highly accurate attacks to tactfully take down foes.
Stell who has very powerful, super-long-range attacks that destroy the enemy before they can see her.
Ryos who specializes in Energy Draining and disabling enemies with brutal force.

The main difference between the boxes is that their robot contents are 100% different, with 40 unique playable robots in each box, with four unique Commander character/robots too, which you can see on the page. Aside from the tactical differences, it comes down to aesthetic preference.

The boxes are liable to obtain unique board and terrain art if stretch goals are met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I saw some of the comments on the Kickstarter page wondering why the game hasn't funded or isn't generating a lot of buzz and I thought I would give you my opinion on why I ultimately chose not to back the game.

I want to preface my comments by saying I am a huge fan of combining robots and even collect some of the figures for use in my own game. I was a child in the 80's so Voltron and Transformers are where my love for the genre started and it continues to this day with shows like Power Rangers.

On to the comments:

Miniatures: I understand why you aren't including miniatures with the current design of your game, but a game like that "screams" for miniatures to be included.

Artistic Design: I am not a fan of the robot designs. They look more like something I'd see in Digimon or Pokemon and less like something I'd see in one of my favorite anime/sentai series.

Multiple Core Sets: I don't like that the game is so large that it requires multiple core sets and, if I recall correctly, doesn't even include the largest combined robots.

Too Many Options: It seems like there are just too many robots making the game feel more like a deckbuilder where you try and out-combo your opponent and less like a tactical combat game where you try and out maneuver your opponent.

Game Length:I prefer games like this to play for at least an hour. Anything less than that and I feel like the game doesn't allow me to fully explore all of the options available to me. I just think a game about combining robots should play longer.

No Homages: I feel like the game divorces itself from the popular combining robot franchises too much and that causes a disconnect with me. Teams of robots should have a cool theme uniting them along with a cool team to pilot them. The look of the robots seems too homogeneous to be visually unique on the board.

I hope this doesn't come across as being too harsh. That is not my intent. I do think you have a really unique and fun game here and that it is a great game for casual fans of the genre looking for a light tactical game, it just doesn't resonate with me (because of the reasons above) being a huge fan of combining robots.

My idea of a perfect combining robot game would allow each player to choose a pre-built team of unique robots (i.e. all lions, all dinosaurs, all vehicles, etc..) then pair each robot with a pilot from a pre-built team of pilots to create various dynamics between pilots and robots. That to me would allow a lot of variety in builds while keeping the scope of the game within manageable levels for things like miniatures.

I wish you the best of luck with your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.