A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AGoT #417 - Fire, Smoke, and Ashes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [ImageID=1152905medium] [+] [View All]
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, another game with me as Mod and @Noobafrass as co-host.

We will play this map again: MAP

Props to
Victor Kostin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
&
Tomasz Radwan
Poland
flag msg tools
for putting this together.

I have not received any news that it has been modified yet so we will play it again.

This game is open to players of AGoT #371 first, secondly to new players to fill up.

Players are:

Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Playing MOD)

Jason Francis
msg tools

(No Baratheon/Tully) Preferably Targaryen

The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
( Playing EX-MOD)

(No Tyrell/Greyjoy) (Preferably Arryn)

Cody Skrine
msg tools

(No Greyjoy/Lannister) Preferably not Tully

Neil Oxner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Mark Walker
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

(No Greyjoy/Lannister/Tully

Timothy Woodbrey
msg tools

(preferably Stark, Martell, Tyrell, Targaryen)

Dennis Yau
msg tools
mb

Evan

I reserve the right to update this list before taking on new players.

Any houses you do not wish to play (Maximum of two per player) may be stated and I will try to take them into consideration.

Houses are:

These will be rolled for by me and with consideration of each players wish. I hope I can please everyone, but I will prioritize the people submitting to the game first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Oscar!

I'm in, as you know. Request not Tyrell or Greyjoy, as I just played those two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
msg tools
I'm open to most houses though I'd love to give Targaryen a shot. I'd like to avoid Baratheon and Tully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildling and Westeros Card Reference:

Westeros:

Westeros Deck I
3 x Supply (adjust supply)
3 x Mustering (muster units)
2 x Thrones of Blades* (Iron Throne holder chooses Mustering or Supply or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)
* = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros Deck II
3 x Clash of Kings (bid power tokens on influence tracks)
3 x Game of Thrones (gain power tokens)
2 x Dark Wings, Dark Words* (Messenger Raven holder chooses COK or GOT or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)

Westeros Deck III (modified for 12 round game)
3 x Wilding Attack (bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack)
1 x Sea of Storms* (no raid orders)
1 x Rains of Autumn* (no +1 march orders)
1 x Feast for Crows* (no consolidate power orders)
1 x Web of Lies* (no support orders)
1 x Storm of Swords* (no defence orders)
2 x Put to the Sword (Valyrian Steel holder chooses ROA or StOSw or none)

Wildlings Cards

• Crow Killers
• The Horde Descends
• A King Beyond the Wall
• Mammoth Riders
• Massing on the Milkwater
• Preemptive Raid
• Rattleshirt's Raiders
• Silence at the Wall
• Skinchanger Scout

Crow Killers
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Replaces all of their available Knights with available Footmen. Any Knight unable to be replaced is destroyed.
- Everyone Else: Replaces 2 of their Knights with available Footmen. Any Knight unable to be replaced is destroyed.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May immediately replace up to 2 Footmen, anywhere, with available Knights.

The Horde Descends
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Destroys 2 of his units at one of his Castles or Strongholds. If unable, destroys 2 of his units anywhere.
- Everyone Else: Destroys 1 of their units anywhere.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May muster forces (following normal mustering rules) in any one Castle or Stronghold area you control.

A King Beyond the Wall
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Moves his token to the lowest position on every Influence track.
- Everyone Else: In Iron Throne turn order, each player chooses either the Fiefdoms or the King's Court Influence track, and moves their token to the lowest position on that track.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Moves their token to the top of the Influence track of their choice, then takes the appropriate Dominance token.

Mammoth Riders
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Destroys 3 of their units anywhere.
- Everyone Else: Destroys 2 of their units anywhere.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May retrieve 1 House card of their choice from their discard pile.

Massing on the Milkwater
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: If you have more than one House card in your hand, discard all cards with the highest combat strength.
- Everyone Else: If they have more than one House card in their hand, they must choose and discard one of those cards.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Returns their entire House card discard pile to their hand.

Preemptive Raid
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Chooses one of the following: (A) Destroys 2 of their units anywhere; or, (B) Is reduced 2 positions on their highest Influence track.
- Everyone Else: Nothing happens.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: The wildlings immediately attack again with a strength of 6. You do not participate in this attack (no reward nor penalties).

Rattleshirt's Raiders
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Is reduced 2 positions on the Supply track (to no lower than 0)
- Everyone Else: Is reduced 1 position on the Supply track (to no lower than 0)
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Is increased 1 position on the Supply track (to no higher than 6)

Silence at the Wall
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Nothing happens.
- Everyone Else: Nothing happens.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: Nothing happens.

Skinchanger Scout
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Discards all available Power tokens.
- Everyone Else: Discards 2 available Power tokens, or as many as they are able.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: All Power tokens bid on this attack are immediately returned to his available Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the invite, but I wouldn't be able to give the game the time it deserves right now, so I'm going to bow out of this one. Good luck everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Skrine
msg tools
I'm in! I was just Lannister and Greyjoy before that so, while I know it says only 2 vetos I'd love to be out of the neck and not be Tully either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Woodbrey
msg tools
I would enjoy Wolves, Dargons or Sunshine and Fucking rainbows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Yau
msg tools
mb
Hi, I'm @Noobafrass' friend and I am excited to play with you fine internet nerds. =)

I've played once before in meatspace (played Stark) and never via forum.
Forgive my newbiehood and I will murder your enemies. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lumibot is my recommendation to replace House Arryn from the last one. I also imagine we wont' see Targaryen over here, but I can't be too sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Oxner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm up for anyone this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also if we're doing preferences, mine would be Arryn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moniker12 wrote:
I'm in! I was just Lannister and Greyjoy before that so, while I know it says only 2 vetos I'd love to be out of the neck and not be Tully either.

I'm with Cody, I was just Greyjoy and before that I was Tully, so I'd prefer to NOT be Greyjoy, Tully or Lannister. Preferences would be Baratheon, Stark, Targaryen, Martell, Arryn. If that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to get people what they want. If you do get something you are not fond off, you may always try to switch with someone.

So, we are 8 players so far. That means we need one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to give Targaryan a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

RULES

Posting etiquette
1. As we are playing without ravens, post any and all communication in this very thread. Lying in any communications is perfectly acceptable though (and encouraged within the constraints of the rules).
2. Use regular text for out of game action or conversation.
3. Use BOLDED text for any and all orders. For example, +1 march in Winterfell or Retreat to Storm's End
4. Use italicized text for in-game communications. I highly encourage you all to get into the roles of your houses as it makes for a much more entertaining game for all.
5. To make communication easier use the following conventions. Refer to other players by faction name. Also, all players will use banners when posting. Place them at the beginning of every post. To make them appear, type in [imageid=XXXXXXXmedium]

GENERAL GAME RULES
1. We are playing with no ravens, which means no private communication between players.
2. Since we are playing by forum, it is quite easy for people to look back to calculate how much power any one player has. As a result, I will just keep the running tallies on the board itself.
3. Let's try to keep a quick pace to move the game along. To help with this,
-- a. please change your geekmail settings so that all geekmails are forwarded directly to your email.
-- b. please subscribe to this forum thread.
-- c. try to check in at least once a day to see what is happening. I will give a bit of leeway on this for weekends. Also, if you know you might be away for a bit or life is interfering with the game, just let us all know.
4. I will try to keep the map as updated as possible, making changes daily if possible. Other players are welcome to update the map as well and post.
5. If you have any questions about any of this, please just send me a geekmail and I'm happy to help.

ORDER PLACEMENT AND BIDDING RULES
Geekmail me your orders, bids, and house cards. All Geekmails should have a subject as prescribed below. Also, be sure to send an order to ALL your territories WITH units. Orders will not be accepted until this is met. Don't forget to put a * next to your star orders. IN BATTLES INVOLVING ME, GEEKMAIL NOOBAFRASS (EX-MOD}
--- Orders:
------ AGoT PBF #177 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - Orders
--- Bid:
------ AGoT PBF #177 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [IT/F/KC/W] Bid: [Bid Amount]
--- House Card:
------ AGoT PBF #177 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [Card Name]
--- Examples:
------ AGoT PBF #177 - Round 1 - Bolton - Orders
------ AGoT PBF #177 - Round 2 - Bolton - IT Bid: 5
------ AGoT PBF #177 - Round 2 - Bolton - Roose Bolton

After you have sent me your orders via geekmail, please post in the thread that you have your orders or bids in. This will help signify to other players to move the action along.

You are free to change your orders or bids at anytime up until EVERYONES orders are in. Once all orders or bids have been received, you will be locked in with whatever your last orders/bids were.

BATTLE RULES
1. The attacker calculates and posts both his and the defender's combat strength. This includes BOTH their initial strength (combat strength of participating units), order modifier (+2, +1, +0, or -1), and initial support.
2. Both attacker and defender then asks for support from other houses. Those who wish to support any side should declare it by posting a message in the thread. If support has been declared, the supporter recomputes and posts both parties' modified combat strength.
3. The attacker Geekmails me his chosen house card and informs everyone by posting that he has already sent his house card to the mod.
4. The defender Geekmails me his chosen house card AND posts it in the thread.
5. The attacker reveals his house card by posting it in the thread.
6. The attacker or defender may now decide if he will use his Valyrian Steel Blade token.
7. Anyone may now recompute and post the final combat strength of both parties. Combat resolution follows.
8. The loser announces the territory s/he would like to retreat to.
------ Calculation example for copy and paste, modify it according to the current battle:

[Attacker's House Name]
Initial Strength = 3 (1 KN, 1 FM)
Order = -1
Support = 0
Card = Send to mod
Total = 2++

[Defender's House Name]
Initial Strength = 1 (1 FM)
Order = +1
Support = 1 (1 SH)
Card = ??
Total = 3++

ERRORS
I will do my best to ensure that all rules are followed and enforced. I have played this game a couple times in person and am confident we can have a smooth game. Just in case any problems arise with play though, we will use the following conventions to resolve the problem and move forward.
1. If you incorrectly place a star order that you are unable to place due to star order limits, it will be downgraded to an available, lower order of the same type.
2. If you incorrectly play an order that is unable to be played due to Westeros card effects, it is removed from the board.
3. If at any time you have armies over supply, the player must immediately resolve down to supply limits.
4. Battle card choices are final once played by both players.

Feel free to take your next action if you feel it won't affect what's currently going on. Alternatively, you can send me the action via Geekmail and I'll process it at the appropriate time. Conditional orders are very much welcome.

Roll For Houses (With this many preferences I decided to simply use a dice giving house Arryn, targaryen to Jason (Stand-in) and Claire (Mod) for great sacrifice last game):

COPY BANNERS TO THE TOP OF YOUR POST (DELETE THE X)

[ImageID=x1164758medium]

Jason Francis
msg tools

[ImageID=x1343717medium]

The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

[ImageID=x1152902medium]

Cody Skrine
msg tools

[ImageID=x1152905medium]

Timothy Woodbrey
msg tools

[ImageID=x1152904medium]

Dennis Yau
msg tools
mb

[ImageID=x1152903medium]

Neil Oxner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

[ImageID=x1152907medium]

Evan

[ImageID=x1158721medium]

Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

[ImageID=x1152906medium]

Mark Walker
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

POST-ROUND 1

I will let you guys settle in to your roles for each individual house as well as let you role play any diplomatic handshakes or fistjabbing at your neighbors. Remember that role play is not necessary but highly recommended and encouraged. (see my post below if you're uncertain how to start)

Any House-swaping (no pun intended) may be done by simply asking. Make sure you write out that you swap houses if you do so by text. I need to know who each person is.

I will submit my orders today to Claire (Noobafrass) so you may submit them to me from tomorrow. I expect to have all orders in by the end of the weekend. When submitting orders, make sure to remind me of which house you play so I don't have to find that out.

Most of all, have fun, enjoy the game and remember that we are all friends here. Don't take things too personally.

TRY TO CHECK THE THREAD AT LEAST ONCE A DAY. IT TAKES ABOUT 10 SECONDS! WHICH I BELIEVE YOU CAN SPARE.

MAP POST ROUND 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Edmure stood upon the high walls of Riverrun, staring over the flat landscape of his fathers lands. The sun set, free of any worry, upon the western horizon.

"You worry too much, brother" Catlyn stood behind him.

"Catlyn," he was surprised to see his sister so far south. "I thought you would be in Winterfell.

"Matters here are more important for the moment. How is father?"

"Worried," Edmure's eyes admitted. "He fear the the neighbors are preparing for war."

"Are they?"

"I don't know"

Two ravens despatched from Riverrun that night. One to Lord Tywin of House Lannister, Warden of the West the other to the King, Stannis Baratheon, whom upon his throne sat just as he wanted.

Lord Tywin Lannister, Warden of the West

Many a seasons have we seen the Riverlands spilled with blood of our people. Today may be a day when we can instead paint it with joy and prosperity. Let us unite our forces to secure the West and the Neck of any intruder whom wishes to spoil the lands once more.

Hoster Tully, Lord of Riverrun

King Stannis Baratheon,

Your claim to the Iron Throne is righteous. As once stated by the late Robert, your brother, the throne units the kingdom. We support your claim for as long as you unite the kingdom under one banner. House Tully fully believes in your cause to do so. Your Grace may not expect any trouble from the Riverlands.

Hoster Tully, Lord of Riverrun

Orders In

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Yau
msg tools
mb
Hi, Sorry for the newbie question again:
When sending orders to Oscar or Nooba - is there a particular format with respect to the numbers associated with each order? like the +1 or +2 (star)?

Second: is there a summary of the individual House decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
msg tools

The waves lapped against the shores of Pentos. A young woman stood, looking out to the west, dreaming of her homeland. The home she had never known. She watched as her people worked the docks and stalls, unaware of the coming months. While she stood tall she could not help but feel weak at the weight of her task ahead. But the prize was hers by blood, usurped by the weak. She heard soft footfalls padding along the stone walk ways.

"I know that look in your eye my queen, and don't worry, Westeros isn't all bad. I myself had a grand old time." She gazed down and met eyes with her Hand. "But, while there is much fun to be had," Tyrion continued, "that is not the cause for our journey," he finished in a glum tone.

"They will come to know my right. I shall show them, as Aegon showed them, the might of House Targaryen."

"Well you're not going to get very far demanding everyone kneel to you unless you sick your dogs on them."

"The Unsullied are far more than dogs."

"Yes, I know that, but they wont. The Houses of Westeros see Essos in a poor light to say the least. Not to mention that they don't have much love for you now. You're going to need help from another House, and I think I know just the one."

"Very well, prepare a raven."

"At once Your Grace."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyrion made his way back to his chambers and brought out his quill and ink. Unfurling a fresh roll of paper, he wrote:

"Prince Doran Martell,

On behave of Queen Daenerys Targaryen, I write to you with a simple proposal. The History of Westeros has shown little love for both House Martell and House Targaryen. We both know that the coming months will be filled with turmoil and without each others assistance House Martell and House Targaryen will fall to ruin. Let us join in agreement. With your control of the East Summer Sea and mine of the Bay of Rhoyne, our combined forces can repel any invaders from the West.

I eagerly await your reply,
Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the Queen."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lumibot wrote:
When sending orders to Oscar or Nooba - is there a particular format with respect to the numbers associated with each order? like the +1 or +2 (star)?

Best way Dennis is:

Defense +2: D+2
Support +1: S+1
March +0: M+0 (If you jsut put M here it will input an M+1)

Please make your orders with no spaces between the lines. As well, do them like this
Lannisport: S
Casterly Rock: M+1
Golden Tooth: D+1

Finally - if you check the map, you'll be able to check every house card in the upper pull-down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Knutsson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lumibot wrote:

No problem, we are here to help.

Always send orders to me. Also, try to play around a little with the map to familiarize yourself with it. That may answer a few questions as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Yau
msg tools
mb
Ohhhh it's more than an image.

Everything makes way more sense now.

I also see this is different from the board game map - the Port near Lannisport - does it cover both Lannisport and Banefort? I am currently assuming just Lannisport.

If I mess with the map values will it "save" it - i.e. should I be concerned about publishing unintentional changes?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Impossible Girl
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you don't share the link, nothing happens! You can mess around all you want

Yes quite different from the base game you played

Also not necessarily balanced in Lannister's favour...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
msg tools
When you make changes to the map, it generates a new URL in the drop down menu. If the changes are meant to be permanent then you copy that URL and paste it here. That's how the board changes over the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

"Robert is dead."

Eddard let those words sink in for a few moments while images of his friend flashed before his eyes. Drinks shared, battles fought, Robert was like another brother to him.

"Furthermore, my Lord," spoke Maester Luwin, "The Lannisters have taken Princes Joffrey and Tommen and Princess Mercella back to Casterly Rock, abandoning the capitol."

"And what of Jon Arryn? He's the hand of the King, where is he?" Asked Lord Stark.

"Unknown, my Lord. Shall I dispatch a Raven?" The Maester produced a quill and roll of parchment.

"No, we will wait to hear from him first." He looked up toward the castle where Bran lay unconscious recovering from his fall, "We have other priorities. Dispatch ravens to the other Lords of the North, I must speak with them all at once."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [46] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.