GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Equatorial Magnetizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card seemed too good to be true: Increase your energy production, and gain 1 to your TR. Then I read the text, which states that you are to decrease the energy production 1 step to gain the benefit. Would I be correct to assume that the text is correct, and the iconography is missing the minus sign before the energy symbol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to a pic of the card : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3024488/terraforming-mar...

The icons make sense to me because that arrow denotes a payment action. <shrug>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian St├╝ckl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Tazzmann wrote:
This card seemed too good to be true: Increase your energy production, and gain 1 to your TR. Then I read the text, which states that you are to decrease the energy production 1 step to gain the benefit. Would I be correct to assume that the text is correct, and the iconography is missing the minus sign before the energy symbol?

As noted in another thread:

Enoch Fryxelius wrote:
If an action has a cost, you see this cost before the arrow, for example pay 1 energy production to raise your terraform rating.

Think prices in the supermarket: It doesn't say milk costs -1 EUR!

To make sure people read the iconography correct, you also have the explanation text... Cheers!

The iconography tells you to convert 1 energy production to 1 TR, which is perfectly fine.

(The syntax for actions is [Cost] "-->" [Effect])
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I can see that. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.