Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know this game existed until Randy pulled it out of his ever-growing collection. So, you play cards matching the colours of the victory cubes, and try to get either the highest or the lowest totals depending on whether you're going over fields or mountains? Sounds interesting! Let's have a go!

The first game was not a good one for me. I just didn't get any blue cards at all for the entire game, and my other cards weren't much better. Randy basically ended up with all the trophy cards... I only managed to acquire 5 victory cubes in total! This game looked like a dead loss.

The next game was a lot closer. The game really began to show its potential as we duelled over various cubes. I took an early lead, and managed to acquire the two top trophy cards. (Red and Yellow? I forget).

However, Randy wasn't finished yet. I stalled, with two cubes off my third trophy card in any colour. Randy picked up some good cubes, and used his stock of "dead" cubes to get all three remaining trophies at once! Wow.

Balloon Cup proved a nice little game - quite quick, and quite charming. I need to give Randy a rematch and see if I can do any better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.