Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the threats components limited? If you run out of models for one of the threats, do no more of those come out? Are you able to have all the players grab robes of a particular threat to reduce the frequency of that threat coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I...so the component counts are at levels that running out of things isn't very likely, I never specified whether components were limited (but if they're all out you're probably about to lose anyway).

It didn't occur to me that players might try to deliberately exhaust the components through robe creation. My sense of fun says "Yes, allow it, it's a cool alternate strategy and this game is about finding odd ways to get things done" where my sense of balance says "No, components were never intended to run out and we never played it that way in testing. The extras should be proxy'd"

Reluctantly, you should probably proxy the additional threats to get the intended, playtested, experience (but if you want to play it as component limited I won't stop you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:
I...so the component counts are at levels that running out of things isn't very likely, I never specified whether components were limited (but if they're all out you're probably about to lose anyway).

It didn't occur to me that players might try to deliberately exhaust the components through robe creation. My sense of fun says "Yes, allow it, it's a cool alternate strategy and this game is about finding odd ways to get things done" where my sense of balance says "No, components were never intended to run out and we never played it that way in testing. The extras should be proxy'd"

Reluctantly, you should probably proxy the additional threats to get the intended, playtested, experience (but if you want to play it as component limited I won't stop you).

I could have sworn that I read in the rulebook, that players are to proxy, but I must be mixing it up with another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I did write the rule and forgot that I did it - it wouldn't be that surprising for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Would this extend to guardians as well? If I already have four on the board, can I continue casting it to put down even more guardians?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you fancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.