Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I'm most likely going to play this game as a multiplayer game, so is there a way to keep eliminated players from just sitting out of the game? The game seems a bit too long for losers to just sit around waiting.

Any ideas or variants people can think of? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Labbe

Mississippi
msg tools
designer
From all the games we've tested and seen played, once the first player gets knocked out...the others are usually close behind.
IF someone wonders into the Boogieman's home(Kiddie Corner)early in the game and gets eaten. That player shuffles/chooses the order in which to hide the boogieman back in.
He gets to sit back and watch who gets eaten next.

*Note
When a AOD card is flipped, it stays face up for the duration of the game. If the Boogieman is flipped, he is shuffled with the cards that are still face down.
If no cards are left that havent been flipped...I would simply suggest not entering his home

We are actually working on a few videos now to maybe help you out.
If you have any questions...thats what Im here for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Preble
United States
Grafton
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about having the eliminated player act as Benny, and haunt the other players? Assuming you aren't already playing the Ghost of Benny expansion.

P.S. I realize this is an old thread, but since the game just came out, answering when this was posted would have been pointless speculation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rassilon wrote:
What about having the eliminated player act as Benny, and ihaunt the other players? Assuming you aren't already playing the Ghost of Benny expansion.

P.S. I realize this is an old thread, but since the game just came out, answering when this was posted would have been pointless speculation.

I made a pitch for something along these lines recently in a private message to the Certifiable Studios dudes. I suggested that there could be a separate neoprene play mat that is a graveyard where dead orphans (players) are laid to rest. But instead of being completely out of the game the dead get a ghost version of their character which is placed in the last location where they bought the farm! The dead then get to do some limited actions using a separate graveyard deck that gives them some options to haunt (#@$* with) the remaining living players, perhaps even getting revenge on the person who killed him, or even possessing them, ala Linda Blair in The Exorcist, or the creepy kid from The Shining (Redrum...Redrum). I thing these abilities should be very limited, but just keeping departed players involved in some manner would be interesting, and fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.