Subject: What games does Curt Schilling play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Draper
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Former baseball pitcher Curt Schilling is doing a baseball/debates Periscope right now, and I noticed a number of board games behind him on the shelf. They seem to be mostly war games, and since I don't know war games very well I thought I'd see if others can recognize which games they are from my medium-resolution screenshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaguarkmd wrote:

Former baseball pitcher Curt Schilling is doing a baseball/debates Periscope right now, and I noticed a number of board games behind him on the shelf. They seem to be mostly war games, and since I don't know war games very well I thought I'd see if others can recognize which games they are from my medium-resolution screenshot.

He's part-owner of Multi-Man Publishing and is a long-time Advanced Squad Leader fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Up Front, Old School Tactical, Beyond the Rhine and Patton's Best on his shelf, plus a bunch of ASL modules and the ASL rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he's one of the owners of multi man publishing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Russell
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He would play video games in his hotel room when his team was on the road. He was also involved with the making of 'Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My first thought on the blue game in the upper left, apparently still in the shrinkwrap, was Key Largo, but now I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Boshell
United States
Haleyville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame wise he is affiliated with MMP/ASL. Big into war gaming.

Videogame wise he was a Everquest guy(They even had a Boss based on him) then World of Warcraft player. He has been a guest on "The Instance" podcast in the past and talked about how ballplayers have a lot of time between training and games in strange towns and gaming helped fill the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.