Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Magic The Gathering Strategy Boardgame $15.00 at Walmart. (YMMV?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just nabbed a copy of this in Christiansburg, VA. About 4-5 copies left.

They had a small yellow price tag on the item itself, but not the typical red outlined white price tag on the shelf. I'm not sure how Walmart does its clearance so YMMV I guess.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this be Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers you are talking about? A friendly suggestion, it usually helps to provide the actual name of the game you are referring to when you make a post like this. Just saying.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
Just nabbed a copy of this in Christiansburg, VA. About 4-5 copies left.

They had a small yellow price tag on the item itself, but not the typical red outlined white price tag on the shelf. I'm not sure how Walmart does its clearance so YMMV I guess.


Is this the edition with the extra cards and base tiles? The box would have an extended yellow bar on the far right with some extras in it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been seeing this pop up in hot deals for a while now, so the last time I was at Wal-mart I stopped by the clearance section and saw it. "Sweet" I thought as I looked for a price tag. No tag. Took it to a price scanner and...$29.95. It is probably for the best, because I doubt I would ever play this anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mun
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure which one is being referenced, but here is the link for all three games/expansions so you can see what it is going for by you:

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45979118
or
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45824268

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers – Battle for Zendikar
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=51253397

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows over Innistrad
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=106008071

Happy Shopping!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotta go to the local store later for a money order and will take one of the Walmart Edition with bonus cards and tiles to a price checker, but I won't get my hopes up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
Neverfade wrote:
Just nabbed a copy of this in Christiansburg, VA. About 4-5 copies left.

They had a small yellow price tag on the item itself, but not the typical red outlined white price tag on the shelf. I'm not sure how Walmart does its clearance so YMMV I guess.


Is this the edition with the extra cards and base tiles? The box would have an extended yellow bar on the far right with some extras in it


No yellow bar on this copy, no.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Nestadt
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up from Goodwill (NIS) for $10 a few weeks ago, and they had several of them in stock. They sometimes do this through some kind of surplus stock deal with retailers, most often Target, and in these cases I've seen the same item at multiple stores. So, obviously YMMV tremendously, but worth noting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This poor game. It's like watching Heroscape die all over again. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash Justice
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Party Hats wrote:
This poor game. It's like watching Heroscape die all over again. soblue
I don't know about that, it has had 2 expansions so Hasbro hasn't completely given up just yet
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.