Tomorrow» Forums » Rules

Subject: usage of nukes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ty chong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to clarify some stuff about using nukes.

Is there a limit as to how many nuke attacks a nation can take? The rule book only says about nuke effects. My assumption is 1 nuke per nation any 1 time, unless otherwise stated.

I got bombarded with multiple nukes on my nation, the last time we played. Due to this, I lost.

If I use action card to remove nuke token from board, does the token return to player hand, or is it removed from game?

Do we count the people killed by nukes in the final scoring?

If you kill your own people, do you count the score at game end also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only launch one nuke per attack/card, but there's no limit to how many different times other nations can launch nukes at you. I think the Europe player got hit with 3 the last game we played.

I believe removing it from the board returns it to the player's hand, but I'm not certain. Also, I do believe nuked populations count for scoring at the end, but I don't believe you count your own people, similar to other attacks. Not sure, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ty chong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see.

At first, I thought, if a nation already has 1 nuke token on it, they cannot be subject to second nuke attack.

It is possible for a nation to be hit by several nuke attacks, from different nations, in several turns.

That means a particular nation can also release all nukes at your nation, 1 at a time, spread across several turns.

This can happen if 1 player is in strong lead and others have no chance of winning. They will just team up and kill the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. Nuclear weapons are a way to tank the game, and one of the things I like about Tomorrow is there aren't any built-in rules to prevent that. The players themselves must police each other to prevent someone from ruining the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.