Subject: Questions: sabotage, moving rebel base and combat card timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His, here some questions I did not read (or just missed) in the faq:
1 Rebel's Sabotage mission card:
It says Move in any system. Then try a sabotage action.
Well my question is: may I move to a remote system and than do nothing? It says any system...as it is written sabotage mission card may be used to simply move a leader anywhere.
Example: Chewbacca is on sabotage mission card. Rebel player thinks the Empire may try a mission card on Hoth with fist icon.
May the Rebel player move Chewbacca to Hoth with a sabotage mission card? There will be no sabotage but the Rebel player may have a leader ready to oppose the Empire's mission card on Hoth.

2: May I move (thanks to RM) the Unreveled rebel Base in a system with imperial units/loyalty?
If yes:
A-It is revealed if the system is loyal to the empire
B-It is revealed if the system has got ground units and a combat starts
C-It is NOT revealed if there are only ships (no ground units nor loyalty token)

3 during a combat I may play all the combat cards I like in any order but the timing is like this:
1-Attacker and defender draw combat cards according to their leaders (or at least 1 combat card)
2-Attacker rolls dice,eventually draws new combat cards with the special icon.
3-Attacker uses combat cards and assigns hits
4-defender blocks hits with combat cards, if possible

5-defenders rolls his dice, plays combat cards and he may draw extra combat cards if he gets the special icon: may he block now hits he got on step 3 with the combat cards he just drew?

I mean, is there a blocking timing in the same combat round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1) No. The Sabotage mission can only target populous systems. I think this was covered in the FAQ.

2) No.

3) No. The opposing player may only block with their initial tactics cards in the first round.

Also...

aledrugo1977 wrote:

1-Attacker and defender draw combat cards according to their leaders (or at least 1 combat card)

The "or at least 1 combat card" part is incorrect. There is no minimum. If a player does not have a leader in the combat, they draw zero initial tactic cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some rule/FAQ quotes to back up why the answers are as Craig stated:

aledrugo1977 wrote:
1: May I move to a remote system and than do nothing?

FAQ Errata section wrote:
The first line of the Rebel “Sabotage” mission should read:
“Attempt in any populous system.”

Quote:
2: May I move (thanks to RM) the Unreveled rebel Base in a system with imperial units/loyalty?

RRG - Rebel Base - Establishing a New Base wrote:
The Rebel player cannot establish a base in a system that has
Imperial loyalty, Imperial units, or a destroyed system marker.

Quote:
3: I mean, is there a blocking timing in the same combat round?

RRG - Combat - Block Damage step wrote:
• Damage markers assigned to a unit cannot be blocked.

Note that damage markers are assigned only after each blocking phase. This means the only things that can be blocked are dice and cards that have been assigned to units. If the second player were to try to play a blocking card they just gained from a die, they would actually only be able to block their own attacking cards and dice. The damage assigned to their own units was already converted to markers in the first half of the combat round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:

Also...

aledrugo1977 wrote:

The "or at least 1 combat card" part is incorrect. There is no minimum. If a player does not have a leader in the combat, they draw zero initial tactic cards

Yep you are totally righ, I wrote nonsense.
An other question: If I have no leader in a combat but a leader with no tactical values (it may be there from a previous mission card of course), may I still call a retreat with it?

I know I can't activate a system with a no tactical value leader (I mean it can't move troops).

Ps about sabotage I read in the faq it is not allowed the sabotage of a remote system (of course because the Empire couldn't remove the sabotage token on a remote system!) But my question was about the possibility to only move a leader anywhere with a sabotage mission card.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aledrugo1977 wrote:
Yep you are totally righ, I wrote nonsense.
An other question: If I have no leader in a combat but a leader with no tactical values (it may be there from a previous mission card of course), may I still call a retreat with it?

From the rules for retreating:
RRG - Combat - Retreating wrote:
A player can retreat with any one of his leaders in the system,
even if it does not have tactic values.

Quote:
Ps about sabotage I read in the faq it is not allowed the sabotage of a remote system (of course because the Empire couldn't remove the sabotage token on a remote system!) But my question was about the possibility to only move a leader anywhere with a sabotage mission card.

The errata makes it impossible to attempt in other systems. As the card now says (after the errata), it can be attempted only in a populous system. The card no longer says 'any system'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it 4 times in 5 days...I read faq and questions here till...I lost my mind!
Now I think I got it!

Perfect, thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget - you could just move Chewie there from your leader pool directly. As if you were using him to move units to that system - but then don't bother moving any units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.