Hide
11 Posts

Risk Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Extremly underrated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Falzon
msg tools
I just found out about this version of risk and after looking into it immediatly ordered a copy. I think its easily going to be my favorite risk variant AND "Dudes on a map" game in general.

So, saying that, wheres the love? Is simply having "risk" on the board throwing people off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I rated it an "8" meeple

There are many other games with Dudes on a Map that I prefer, but I agree that this (along with Risk: Star Wars Edition) is one of the best Risk versions published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tymonerr wrote:
So, saying that, wheres the love? Is simply having "risk" on the board throwing people off?

For the average BGG user, Risk is not seen favourably and I'd agree with your point. The average person in the street who is used to playing Monopoly at Christmas however, would probably consider Risk to be a 'gamers game' for those who want something more hardcore than Monopoly.

I imagine the Risk trademark still carries a good deal of weight in the wider world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Falzon
msg tools

I wish tom would give this game a review. Give it some spotlight you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Extremely underrated
Write him and Sam Healy and maybe if enough people do that, they will. I wrote them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tymonerr wrote:

I wish tom would give this game a review. Give it some spotlight you know.

Just a few days ago Tom & Sam reviewed it and each gave a thumbs up, their review was more favorable than their rating however.....I guess the stigma of *RISK* is unavoidable.

I really think I would like playing this game, I saw it at target last week and where it was on the shelf looked like there were many copies at first but only one when I saw it. The game next to it was *RISK* (prime) and no copies ;looked like had been sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
***UPDATE***
I got this for Christmas! I played it solo twice and am looking forward to playing it tomorrow night with my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't call an average rating of 8.1 "extremly underrated".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:

Not sure but maybe it was lower rated when he posted this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Werbaer wrote:

Not sure but maybe it was lower rated when he posted this?

I assume he looked at the geek rating (5.8), which is that low since only 141 people rated the game so far. So it's unknown, not underrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tymonerr wrote:
I just found out about this version of risk and after looking into it immediatly ordered a copy. I think its easily going to be my favorite risk variant AND "Dudes on a map" game in general.

I see this game as being quite distant from Risk. That's why I commented elsewhere it should've been called Medieval Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.