3 Posts

Defenders of the Realm: High Council Cards» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ayana Luna
United States
flag msg tools
can anyone tell me how to use these cards with my game? when are they drawn and which of the two options do you use? and what are the relics used for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw one of the High Council cards from the deck each time a General advances: you may choose which effect you want to have, either the immediate or the future/ongoing.
Usually the ongoing effect is better but sometimes you really need the immediate effect: deciding is up to you.

As for the Relics, each time a General advances, you roll a die: on a 5 or six, that General gains his own Relic.
Whenever a hero is on a General's location, he may try to steal that General's Relic (if previously gained) by rolling a die: on a 6 he succeeds; on a 1 or 2 the hero is discovered and suffers as many wounds as the number he rolled.
As a house rule, we limit Relics to only one in play each time: after a General gained his own, no other General may gain another until the former has been defeated or his Relic has been stolen.

I seem to remember there's a card in both decks that explains how you play with these decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayana Luna
United States
flag msg tools
thanks, that was very helpful. i was just wondering before buying. it sounds interesting enough so i just ordered a copy of this deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.