Subject: Are there still issues with the save functionality? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dio Tsoumas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have saved the other day my session on the first mission, and yesterday I was looking forward to go back it for a quick finale. Unfortunately when I loaded the app (latest version on steam, 1.1.1 -- updated when it came out, not between my sesisons) the map was empty (only the background was visible, no rooms or anything else) and while I was able to go to the next phase (either investigators or the mythos one) nothing was happening.

Needless to say I was really disappointed and not in the mood to start from the beginning. I thought that all issues with saved games have been resolved, is this still not the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willowGR wrote:
I have saved the other day my session on the first mission, and yesterday I was looking forward to go back it for a quick finale. Unfortunately when I loaded the app (latest version on steam, 1.1.1 -- updated when it came out, not between my sesisons) the map was empty (only the background was visible, no rooms or anything else) and while I was able to go to the next phase (either investigators or the mythos one) nothing was happening.

Needless to say I was really disappointed and not in the mood to start from the beginning. I thought that all issues with saved games have been resolved, is this still not the case?

Just from personal experience I have had no issues with the saved game feature since the latest update. I'm doing a gameplay over on my channel and have used the "Save and Quit" option roughly once a round and so far I've always been able to load it right back up when it's time to film the next segment. I'm using an iPad2.

But knowing how many different platforms this app is spread across I'm sure there are still a few bugs here and there. Looks like you've found one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
same here: no issues with the save feature and i use it a lot during a game (usually playing solo, usually multi-tasking). *fingers crossed

using it primarily on an ipad pro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I saved the other night and noticed that an enemy disappeared when I re-loaded it. Wasn't in the monster tray anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thomas
United States
Tn
US
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had that issue once - but now i am having a worse issue with the game freezing. I am using the app through Steam and on the 2nd mission, usually after an hour+ the game buttons decide to stop working except for the menu. It has happened twice now and pissed me off to much - even when trying to continue the game it will happen at the same part of the reload. The game just got packed away and will sit in the back of my closet for some time... .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Davey
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What scenario were you playing?

I'm playing on a Mac through Steam with version 1.1.1 and I can't save/load the 2nd scenario (Innsmouth), but the other scenarios work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
willowGR wrote:

This has happened to me too, playing the first scenario. When I restored the game only one of the rooms was visible and the game was unplayable, so I had to start a new game. Saving and restoring were both made with the latest version (1.1.1).

This was with the game already completely setup (I had taken pictures of the board) and three people at the table. Very annoying indeed.

Sadly, I didn't think about saving the savegame files before restarting, it might have helped the developers. But then I also forgot about reporting the bug to FFG blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dio Tsoumas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@nooa42 I was playing the first scenario

@porghar how can you report a but to them? I have posted the same info on the bug thread on their official forums, but I doubt they see those posts as actual bug reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willowGR wrote:
@nooa42 I was playing the first scenario

@porghar how can you report a but to them? I have posted the same info on the bug thread on their official forums, but I doubt they see those posts as actual bug reports.

The email to report bugs is right on FFG's website on their main MOM 2E page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.