Hide
5 Posts

Siege of the Citadel» Forums » General

Subject: Will we see the next expansion???? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Martinez
msg tools
Modiphius has released their update. at 310k they will be releasing Venusian Jungle Tiles. They also state on their update: When we get to $310k we'll have revealed the next expansion which is something really major and is coming in several chunks - each playable in their own right.

The next expansion could be Blood Berets(which they show the image of) or Fury of the clansmen(which also takes place on Venus). With three days to go, do we think the next expansion will be funded in time???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course we will!

Last 48 hours in Kickstarter are quite crazy and a lot of backers will pledge then, I reckon around 70k in the last two days or more (I really think it will be more but I don't want to be over excited).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Chris' stated goals of delivering over $400 worth of game to backers (and just now once again hoping for much more), I wouldn't be surprised to see two expansions remaining (or the equivalent of two).

This is an unusual KS campaign in that, when compared to other miniature campaigns (such as the three I've happily backed from CMON) there's always a big push at the end to unlock a handful of additional minis, increasing the total pieces by a few percent (look at CMON's recent Massive Amount of Plastic KS campaign as an example). With SotC's KS wrap-up, we may be looking at a huge amount of additional material, taking the current $149 DL pledge from a good deal to an incredibly good deal.

A lot depends on the fence-sitters, who will probably have trouble resisting at the very very end as so much is revealed, all of which will probably be guaranteed to DL backers again even if the goals are not reached.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Moody wrote:
A lot depends on the fence-sitters, who will probably have trouble resisting at the very very end as so much is revealed, all of which will probably be guaranteed to DL backers again even if the goals are not reached.

It also depends on those fence-sitters understanding what content is actually included in the pledge. Many prospective backers may not recognize that "locked" means "included in the DL pledge", because this is unintuitive and contradicts the way stretch goals are generally managed in Kickstarter campaigns. So even if they "reveal" an new expansion as a stretch goal (which means the same thing in this campaign as "unlocked" means in every other campaign), many fence-sitters may hold off until the expansion shows as "unlocked" before committing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hanson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Also, the pay pal pledgers have yet to be counted and upgrades and add ons made during the pledge manager count towards advancing the Stretch Goals.

Steve Hanson
Modiphius Customer Service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.