Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does your group consider Look What I Found! a One-Shot? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
We don't, and it's kinda fun! We rule that Guise stole the card type to use it as a weapon (IT'S SO YELLOW AND HITTY!), so it's no longer that type, making it the only typeless hero card(?). That makes for interesting interactions with cards like Selling Out, Super-Scientific Tachyon and Miss Information's Missing Resources.

Strictly, the card not being a one-shot means that it shouldn't go to the discard after being played, but we forget about that bit. (IT'S ALL CRUMPLED NOW! THEY SURE DON'T BUILD YELLOW BARS LIKE THEY USED TO - OF COURSE I'M THROWING IT AWAY! SHOULDA SLEEVED IT, SHOULDN'T YA?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Seems like considering it that way would cause more issues that would need more rulings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonvar wrote:
Nope. Seems like considering it that way would cause more issues that would need more rulings.

Do you mean that you do consider it a one-shot? Or you don't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider it a one-shot and have never thought of it as anything else other than he is breaking the fourth wall to use the keyword box as a weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
greylag wrote:
Do you mean that you do consider it a one-shot? Or you don't?

The electronic version of the game considers it a One-Shot too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonvar wrote:
I consider it a one-shot and have never thought of it as anything else other than he is breaking the fourth wall to use the keyword box as a weapon.

We just reckon he really broke that wall, and broke the card while he was at it. HEY BUSTER. YOU DON'T TALK LIKE THAT TO MY CARDS. Guise deals one target 3 damage. HEY GUESS WHAT IT'S YOU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one-shot keyword is still there even if he is using it as a weapon and if it wasn't a one-shot adds more confusion than is needed for what is mostly a gag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.