Subject: A bunch of questions that came up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can you move less than the card says? Card says move 3, but player wants to move only 2.

2. End of the game, all cards are used in matches. One wild card is left over. Does it count as a gem?

3. What is a singleton wild card worth?

4. Does a player, upon reaching the 5VP point of collecting sets, start over with a new set? If a player has five gems, does he score six points?

5. I really wish the wild card didn't have a ship printed on it. It makes it look like a ship movement card, even if the printed movement isn't by ship.

6. Is there an FAQ to this game, containing commonly asked rule questions? I couldn't find one anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me but I recall the answers to your questions are there.

jumbit wrote:
1. Can you move less than the card says? Card says move 3, but player wants to move only 2.
It's up to 3. Thus, you can move only 2.

jumbit wrote:
2. End of the game, all cards are used in matches. One wild card is left over. Does it count as a gem?
No, a wild card cannot mimic any card type by itself. But imagine you have 4 gems and 1 wild. You can use 3 gems and 1 wild as a set of 4 gems and then another set of 1 single gem. So it's not really a problem in most cases. In some cases, like e.g. when you have 2 trees, 5 carrots and 4 anvils (each set needs 2 more symbols to score an additional point), the wildcard is worth nothing.

jumbit wrote:
3. What is a singleton wild card worth?
As above.

jumbit wrote:
4. Does a player, upon reaching the 5VP point of collecting sets, start over with a new set? If a player has five gems, does he score six points?
Yes and if you have 8 gems, you get 10 points (5 for each set of 4 gems).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
jumbit wrote:
Yes and if you have 8 gems, you get 10 points (5 for each set of 4 gems).

This isn't correct. The designer has confirmed in this thread that you may only have a singe set so you can never score more than 5VP for single resource.

So this isn't allowed either:

dannte wrote:
But imagine you have 4 gems and 1 wild. You can use 3 gems and 1 wild as a set of 4 gems and then another set of 1 single gem. So it's not really a problem in most cases.

Though it's still not usually a problem as it's usually possible to arrange it so a wild card makes one of your sets worth one more point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an FAQ anywhere for this game? What additional documentation is available?

This game has been a real hit and will hopefully be a gateway to better games. A friend of mine started playing Risk but after suffering through that a few times I successfully hijacked his game night onto EME. Now I just have to get them onto other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jumbit wrote:
Is there an FAQ anywhere for this game? What additional documentation is available?

I don't think there is a FAQ anywhere. I think the rules cover most things and there's this rules forum which obviously has commonly asked rules questions in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.