Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Z
Italy
Este
Padova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.

In the rules of the second edition, I saw this words that in the first were missing in the paragraph "Fortify a location":

Note that if you had just resettled a location you could fortify it within the same turn.

As in italian version it's translated in an ambiguos way, I need an explanation. This is my interpretation:
I previously settled the location "A", and gain the relevant location card. Then I lost the location "A" (by a siege or a raid) but I still have the location card. In a subsequent turn, I settle again the location "A" with my first action, and if I have in my hand the card Location "A" and a card "Fortification", with the second action I can fortify location "A". It's the right interpretation?

The italian version sounds like Note that if you had just settled a location you could fortify it within the same turn., so a player can understand that, after settled (for the first time) the location "A" with the first action, he can fortify it, with the second action, without the use of the location card and only with a fortification card.

Please illuminate me! surprise

:-) Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
The first interpretation is the correct one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Carsten has it, I believe that rule was carried through all editions. Has anybody actually done this? In all my games, I don't believe I've ever seen it done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I think, that I've tried it once or twice, though a long time since I played. Too long - I better go try a few games on yucata .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.