Cave Evil» Forums » General

Subject: Game components questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Hello,

I just got the game, second edition, and I have a few questions about components:
1. How many great halls are in the game? It is not written in the game components.
2. Should there be 5 players aids as written in the components list? I have only 4.
3. The components list 6 thronerooms but I have only 5. Am I missing one?*
4. There are 4 oddly shaped pieces, mostly black with a small patch of bricks. They are not listed in the components, is it on purpose?
5. I have 7 necromancer cards and not 5 like in the components. The 2 extra have the same drawings as the others but the necromancer figure is cut in half. What are they?

Hope that's not too many questions and thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Game components auestions
I don't have the game to hand to check components so can only answer this:

Badigel wrote:

5. I have 7 necromancer cards and not 5 like in the components. The 2 extra have the same drawings as the others but the necromancer figure is cut in half. What are they?

Many an abomination has asked themselves this and 'What are they?! WHAT ARE THEY?!!!' echoed through the ghastly halls as another horror meets some nefarious and gory fate.

(yes, these cards are correct. Play the game to discover their dark purpose).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got the game, second edition, and I have a few questions about components:
1. How many great halls are in the game? It is not written in the game components.

2. Should there be 5 players aids as written in the components list? I have only 4.

Just 4 (5 typo)

6 Thronerooms

4. There are 4 oddly shaped pieces, mostly black with a small patch of bricks. They are not listed in the components, is it on purpose?

2 Shrines and 2 Temples

5 regular Necromancers (the other 2 go with the Black Wizard for its ONCE A GAME ability

If you need another Throneroom let me know. Thanks Lior!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice aumont
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Silly question but how did you get the game?
Looking for it since I came to know about it through Calandale but no Luck...
I of course ordered the sequel but I still need to put my hands on this one!
Any hint/evil scheme I am not aware of?

TheCrab

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ritual on top of a mesa. Asked the Shadow what the name should be.

True story.

That name came out. Seemed too simple. We doubted it for a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks Nathan!

I sent you a PM thumbsup

dragonblaster wrote:

Just 4 (5 typo)

6 Thronerooms

2 Shrines and 2 Temples

5 regular Necromancers (the other 2 go with the Black Wizard for its ONCE A GAME ability

If you need another Throneroom let me know. Thanks Lior!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grendel's Mother
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unless I am mistaken, someone asked the original poster where he or she got the game. Mister Hayden misinterprets the question as where did you get the name, and incidentally gives us the bizarrely mystical origins of Cave Evil's title.

Fascinating sometimes how you come to learn certain things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
"I went out to the hazelwood, because a fire was in my head..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzitzimime wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, someone asked the original poster where he or she got the game. Mister Hayden misinterprets the question as where did you get the name, and incidentally gives us the bizarrely mystical origins of Cave Evil's title.

Fascinating sometimes how you come to learn certain things.

Nice catch, Tzitzimime. Agreed.

It certainly demonstrates how useful it can be to have a mesa nearby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.