Subject: My 10mm Dropzone Commander Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bruce
United Kingdom
Grimsby
N E Lincs
flag msg tools
My 10mm Dropzone Commander Project hope you enjoy it.

Take care

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are definitely not 10mm. Look more like 1cm to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This look is where I want to end up with my 28mm-ish urban terrain project for use with my heroclix. DZC setups have awesome cityscapes, guess it's easier to get epic at the lower scales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben T

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:
DZC setups have awesome cityscapes, guess it's easier to get epic at the lower scales.

It's so much easier at a lower scale. Volume is exponentially lower, and at smaller sizes you can more easily use cheaper, weaker materials (card stock, balsa, etc. rather than resin/plastic or hard wood), and of course storage is much easier. A couple city blocks in 28mm will take so much space to store that you almost have to leave it out on a table, while the same in 10mm can fit easily into a small plastic bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bruce
United Kingdom
Grimsby
N E Lincs
flag msg tools
My 10mm Dropzone Commander Project Update hope you enjoy it.

Take care

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Looks like you've got some good stuff in the pipeline. I think I've seen that bus before. Really a fantastic bit.

I'm mostly a dedicated 28mm guy, but I dabble in 10mm playing Mech Attack and Alpha Strike with rebased Mechwarrior clix figs. You can see a bit of our action in both scales here:
http://www.chicagoskirmishwargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t...

I normally am not a fan of card buildings, and have built up a huge stock of 28mm urban terrain. However, the Dropzone commander set is pretty darn impressive looking. It and some others have been great for bulking out our club's smaller stock of 10mm terrain. Especially when we don't have access to my buddy's set of cassette-tape buildings that I built for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 28mm I'm experimenting with mixed-media modular terrain - chipboard tiles for streets, lego scaffolding with cardstock skins for buildings, model train, Tamiya bits or random 3d printed minis for scenery like light poles and hydrants.

Theory is lets me do variable battlefields with stackable building stories that minis can go inside (which none of the papercraft I've found support), compacts for storage, and cheaper /more variety than the products I've researched

The DZC 10mm cityscapes are incredible, and good inspirations for this project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eilif wrote:
Looks like you've got some good stuff in the pipeline. I think I've seen that bus before. Really a fantastic bit.

I'm mostly a dedicated 28mm guy, but I dabble in 10mm playing Mech Attack and Alpha Strike with rebased Mechwarrior clix figs. You can see a bit of our action in both scales here:
http://www.chicagoskirmishwargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t...

That stuff looks great!
Are those Buck Rogers killer satellites I see on the building tops?
Wish we'd crafting like this back in high school!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:

That stuff looks great!
Are those Buck Rogers killer satellites I see on the building tops?
Wish we'd crafting like this back in high school!

They are indeed. American' Science and Surplus sells them really cheap by the gross. I like them more as storage tanks than as weapons platforms, but there's a ton of greebling uses for them in many scales.

You can see more about the buildings they're on here:
http://www.chicagoskirmishwargames.com/blog/2015/04/13/small...
and here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=46831.0
The ones in the first link use alot of bits, but the second link shows some easily replicable designs that most anyone can make with Cassette tape cases, Crossstich mesh and a few other bits and bobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.