Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure I got the supply rules right, can anyone confirm that this example is correct?

This is the end of German phase on turn 1, and 2Pz had completed breakthrough combat. Is he in supply?

Path A is blocked due to the influence of the Allied units in 23 (A1). 23 is an uncontested area, and thus blocks supply through 22.

Path B is blocked because the supply line can only cross 1 blown bridge, and only if the unit is adjacent to it. So while 2PZ can trace into 21, it cannot trace into 13.

Path C is also blocked for the same reason as path B.

Path D is a valid supply line. Only one adjacent blown bridge was crossed, and all other areas can be traced through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your example is quite correct.

I should note, however, that the rule that prevents example A from being valid (uncontested enemy-occupied areas block supply through adjacent unoccupied areas) has been removed from the series rules, and this removal applies retroactively to Bulge. (See this thread for more.)

If I remember rightly, Rick Young said it was a late addition to the rules, intended to make supply harder for lone German units on breakthroughs; however, the actual result was that it made it far too easy for the Germans to cut off large groups of American units.

It's not a game-breaking rule, but I would recommend playing without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh interesting! Thanks a lot Sam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.