Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for this game to arrive, I downloaded the rules pdf and read the rules and then of course came to the geek for the real down low! I didn't see anywhere in the rules that you discard an item after use (like the 38 revolver) so I assume items can be used over and over until, by some card effect, they are destroyed and/or discarded?

Thanks in advance,

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
so I assume items can be used over and over

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyheinz wrote:
I didn't see anywhere in the rules that you discard an item after use (like the 38 revolver) so I assume items can be used over and over until, by some card effect, they are destroyed and/or discarded?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Some consumable items exist (like bandages or whiskey), but any discard on use is explicitly specified in the card text.

Edit: (spoiler I guess) Mildly related issue that helped me decide to buy; didn't pull the trigger until I saw spoilers of card backsides:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Spells are not discarded on use either, while you flip them over and perform backside instructions on cast (representing variable strain/cost of casting), they all have the instruction to flip the card back afterwards.
Spells being actual permanent and repeatable expansions of character capability and not glorified event cards ala Talisman was pretty important to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Spells being actual permanent and repeatable expansions of character capability and not glorified event cards ala Talisman was pretty important to me.". Yes, this. I was asking because we have been playing alot of Last Night on Earth and items are generally destroyed on use in that game. Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.