Subject: Resin Preview Minis of Core Box Classes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Does anybody know if the resin preview miniatures on the FFP web store are going to be released to retail? For that matter, are they going to be released individually or as a set?

Thanks!
Shawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything but I have them and though they are more than acceptable, I'm hoping that the ones they might eventually release to retail would be better - more detailed, more durable, easier to assemble, etc.

There's nothing wrong with them, especially painted up, but I'm not super fond of resin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
Those "limited" resin previews have been around for quite a while now. I think the chances of making more of a product which isn't selling in it's limited edition format are pretty small!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to find a mini's company that can make proxies of all the figures, but no luck. Hoping on Black Scorpion's Tombstone next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wild West Exodus has quite a few that can be used but not 100% coverage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen some of the Tombstone KS models in a cabinet at Salute (UK war game event) you should be well covered in the future.

Sam and Max wrote:
I've been trying to find a mini's company that can make proxies of all the figures, but no luck. Hoping on Black Scorpion's Tombstone next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do buy them on the Flying Frog site, the minis will look nice once you paint them up. They look more than good enough for boardgames use. They're not Games Workshop or Reaper quality but they're decent. I didn't want to leave anyone with the idea that I thought there were bad. I'm glad I got them and painted them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, all! I might order a few of them next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official word from FFP is that the heroes will be in resin when they release to retail, and they are currently expecting individual releases, but that could change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.