BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Opening at 10 am? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This year i am coming just for saturday and once doublechecking the opening time i saw that the door from thursday to sunday will open at 10....
From previous years i remember it was earlyer.Are doors really opened at 10 or if you arrive at 9:30 you can still get in?

in order not to struggle to find parking what time would be the best to arrive on saturday?
Ideally i would like to park get the tickets and stay in the cue before opening a max of 30 min.

Thanks for the tips

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grummi
Germany
Neunkirchen-Seelscheid
flag msg tools
The official opening time is 10 am. Last year the doors were opened earlier because of the huge rush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
"The doors" which open at 10AM are the inner doors to the halls, not the outer doors to get into the building where the wardrobes and the lockers are. I don't know when the outer doors or the parking areas open...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The parking areas open at least one hour before, probably even earlier. If you want to get a spot at P5 or P9, definitely be there around nine-ish. We arrived at P9 at 9.30 on Sunday last year and we had to park at the top deck. Otherwise, you'll be relegated to P2 and that's a fair walk, although you can catch a bus from there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest you get there 9.30 and buy your tickets in advance, so you wait 30 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely buy your tickets in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Buying the tickets was fairly quick last year...
is there somewhere a map of the parkings?
so you confirm the public is allowed in at 10, meaning that if i will be at the MESSE around 9 shouldn't be a problem to find parking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Et voilà: Site plans. You should be fine if you arrive at nine, but of course, it's unpredictable when the crowds will show up .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just all agree we'll show up at 9:30. (then I'll show up at 9 and get best parking)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leduc
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What time does it close?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 pm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
Except on Sunday it's 6 pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yorickh wrote:
Let's just all agree we'll show up at 9:30. (then I'll show up at 9 and get best parking)

Two years ago I was stuck in the traffic and arrived at 10.45. It was great. I could easily get into the halls.
No queueing outside. No waiting.

So I can highly recommend coming a little later then 10.00. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SanktDavid
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember, but do the West Entrance (Hall 3) doors open as well? Or is the South Entrance (Hall 1) the only one to open?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both entrances will be opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martina Frohme
Germany
flag msg tools
The Dice & Mystics Board Game Guild say: Have fun!
badge
We can still hear you, Major Tom. Thank you.
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually use South Entrance, and last year we were let into the foyer shortly before 9.00 a.m., and the inner doors were opened up at 9.50 a.m. because of the huge crowd, and they wanted to avoid a simultaneous rush of about twice as many people. Once open, there was a constant flow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.