15 Posts

Star Wars Customizable Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions after first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
Hey guys just played my first game and came across two questions not mentioned in the rulebook. Hope some Star Wars CCg experts can help me out.

1) When I have some characters and some starfighters at a docking bay and I initiate a battle, do I count both when determning power?

2) When I hava a starship at a system location I can only force drain when the ship is piloted by a character with at least ability 1? What if the starship has a permanent pilot?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember #1 off the top of my head.

For #2, your permanent pilot counts towards having an ability, so you can drain with a ship that has a permanent pilot, even if you have no other ability characters present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Rice
United Kingdom
Beckenham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1) The answer is no, the starfighters do not count towards power when at a site, including docking bays. Though IIRC you can use the ability of pilots towards drawing destiny (someone else may be able to clarify this).

2) The permanent pilot allows you to force drain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
Thank you guys for the quick response.

Docking Bays seem a bit confusing especially for newcomers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
During my last game came across 3 more questions, hoping you can help me put again

1) When I have a starship with a permanent pilot providing ability 1 and I deploy another pilot with ability 3 for example --> do I end up with ability 3 or 4 when it comes to battle destiny?

2) When a character was hit during the weapon segment does his ability still count when I determine my total ability before my battle destiny draw?

3) During battle I have to forefeit attrition 3 --> I choose to lose a capital starship with forefeit value 8. Can I use the difference of 5 to satisfy normal battle damage after the attrition segment??

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a stab...

1) the deployed pilot replaces the permanent pilot in every way
Crap - been playing that wrong...

2) it depends on the weapon, but generally "hit" cards still contribute everything to the battle.

3) yes, but why willingly forfeit a star destroyer ?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Rice
United Kingdom
Beckenham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade Heat wrote:

1) When I have a starship with a permanent pilot providing ability 1 and I deploy another pilot with ability 3 for example --> do I end up with ability 3 or 4 when it comes to battle destiny?

Typically when you deploy a pilot on a ship it will be piloting alongside the permanent pilot, so you can use the ability from both. For example, if you deploy an ability 3 pilot on a Corellian Corvette, you will now have a total of 4 ability at that system and can draw destiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
Thank you so much Nick and Matt for helping me again.

Matt: Had the choice to either forfeit Luke piloting a x wing or the capital star ship. So I went with the capital since Luke is way better and immune to attrition

Nick: so just to get this right. 4 Pilots can be deployed on my capital starship with a permanent pilot. I deploy three pilots each ability 1.....makes all in all 4 and I can draw destiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Rice
United Kingdom
Beckenham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Correct - you can have three, plus the permanent pilot. If they are all ability 1 then you will get a battle destiny (your total ability = 4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
Just played a couple of games and came across the following situations.

-I lost the battle and had to forfeit my pilot. So now my x wing is pilotless. What happens to the X wing. Can it just be out on the battlefield till I put another pilot into it?

-When a character has "immune to attrition <3" is the starfighter he/she pilots also immune? (Guess no, would be too powerful)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anatinus
United States
Paducah
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Just a twin
badge
Don't drink the potion!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade Heat wrote:
Just played a couple of games and came across the following situations.

-I lost the battle and had to forfeit my pilot. So now my x wing is pilotless. What happens to the X wing. Can it just be out on the battlefield till I put another pilot into it?

-When a character has "immune to attrition <3" is the starfighter he/she pilots also immune? (Guess no, would be too powerful)

Remains unpiloted so power/maneuver 0 but could be forfeited.

The fighter would not be immune in your scenario. Look at of some of the fighters like red 5 that would have immunity with a certain pilot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
Hey guys I've beeb playing ccg for a while now and came across a problem recently. The carsd seeking an audience allows the Light side player to deploy some cards from reserve deck. Now my question is this deployment free or do I still have to pay force normally? Thanx for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anatinus
United States
Paducah
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Just a twin
badge
Don't drink the potion!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade Heat wrote:
Hey guys I've beeb playing ccg for a while now and came across a problem recently. The carsd seeking an audience allows the Light side player to deploy some cards from reserve deck. Now my question is this deployment free or do I still have to pay force normally? Thanx for your help.

Still have to pay unless it specifically says otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mays'n F
Austria
flag msg tools
I see, I've been playing that the wrong way. So whenever I can deploy something from reserve deck I still have to pay unless it says deploy for free.

- Btw another question about movement. Can I move a character first in a vehicle and afterwards still use his landspeed? F.e. to move to a interior site?

- Last one: Can I trigger master Luke's ability to return an alien to opponents hand like a weapon?

once again thanx for the help in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anatinus
United States
Paducah
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Just a twin
badge
Don't drink the potion!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade Heat wrote:
I see, I've been playing that the wrong way. So whenever I can deploy something from reserve deck I still have to pay unless it says deploy for free.

- Btw another question about movement. Can I move a character first in a vehicle and afterwards still use his landspeed? F.e. to move to a interior site?

- Last one: Can I trigger master Luke's ability to return an alien to opponents hand like a weapon?

once again thanx for the help in advance.

There are "limited" (landspeed or docking bay transit) and "unlimited" (entering/exiting vehicles) moves. Legal examples would be Luke could enter a vehicle at site 1, the vehicle can move to site 2 using its landspeed, Luke can exit the vehicle, and then move using his personal landspeed to site 3.

Master Luke's ability is triggered during the weapons phase of a battle exactly like a weapon using all the same timing rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.