$30.00
Leonardo Teixeira
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Page 12 states: When the Villains gain the required (control tokens) to control the Locatino, the Heroes have until the end of that turn to remove a (control token) either by playing a card or defeating a Villain.

What constitutes the end of a turn?

A - During the active player's turn the villain gain full control. By the end of HIS turn he must have at least one (control token) removed?

B - By the time the last hero finishes his turn he must have at least one (control token) removed?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Choice A

A turn is over when the current hero finishes their turn. A turn specifically refers to each player's/heroes individual turn no matter what.There are no "rounds" in this game which would be typical of all Heroes having taken a turn which is what your Choice B tries to implement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
What Benjamin said. I don't think its printed on the turn order card, but you should think of testing for control as something each player does during "Step 4."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Teixeira
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A is correct
B-describes a round which is comprised of 1 of each player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leoesu wrote:
Page 12 states: When the Villains gain the required (control tokens) to control the Locatino, the Heroes have until the end of that turn to remove a (control token) either by playing a card or defeating a Villain.

A related question came up for me in a playthrough of game 1 last night. I read the rule on page 12. This rule seems to imply that defeating ANY villain before turn's end when a skull token has been placed means that single skull token may be removed, keeping the location in the heroes' hands. Is this correct?

I am confused because Draco's reward allows specifically for the removal of a skull token.

So, if a Dark Arts card adds a 4th skull token to location 1 on the active player's turn, and that player then defeats Draco on that turn, can the heroes remove two tokens? (1 for defeating any villain to save the location (the page 12 rule) and a second for defeating Draco (the reward for defeating him?)

When I played, this did not specifically come up. We defeated Crabbe & Goyle after a DA card had added a 4th skull token, (therefore villain control of location if not removed by end of turn) and took off one skull token (saving the location) per my interpretation of the page 12 rule. It got me wondering about what if the defeated villain had been Draco instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Shelter wrote:
leoesu wrote:

A related question came up for me in a playthrough of game 1 last night. I read the rule on page 12. This rule seems to imply that defeating ANY villain before turn's end when a skull token has been placed means that single skull token may be removed, keeping the location in the heroes' hands. Is this correct?

No. This came up in another thread that I don't feel like searching for. There is no inherent bonus for defeating a villain, only the reward printed on that villain's card. The wording in the manual is there to clarify that if you can remove a token by defeating a villain, this prevents losing control of the location.

Think about it this way, the sentence says "playing a card OR defeating a villain." If you think defeating villain gives you a free control removal, by the same logic, you must also think that playing a card gives you a free control removal. The latter is obviously not true, so why is the former?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.