Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Building Hero Figures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, one more question from someone who is considering jumping on the next KS.

Heroes models. Do you receive enough parts to make all the different hero types? I mean it looks like there are different types of equipment, based on what your heroes have accomplished. So can you have models for starting heroes, plus prepared figures for each new type of armour? I'm just trying to get a better sense of the hero modeling process.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
And they are modular, so you can mix legs from one set with torsos from another set and so on.

All weapons and armor available.

EDIT: of course, if by "Heroes" you mean "Survivors". Otherwise, I don't know what you are talking about. This game has no heroes, only other bodies.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Ok, one more question from someone who is considering jumping on the next KS.

Heroes models. Do you receive enough parts to make all the different hero types? I mean it looks like there are different types of equipment, based on what your heroes have accomplished. So can you have models for starting heroes, plus prepared figures for each new type of armour? I'm just trying to get a better sense of the hero modeling process.


In fact, you will have (literally) hundreds of parts with which you will customise your survivors. So you won't be using all of the gear, but choosing which combinations to use when assembling the minis.

Heroes? If you expect KDM to have heroes, then this might not be for you...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Uhrig
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the builds are glued together and permanent unless you're crazy enough to magnetize all the parts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And the sheer weight of the parts usually makes magnetized minis look like they gave up before fighting.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
And the sheer weight of the parts usually makes magnetized minis look like they gave up before fighting.

There are usually ways to fix that depending on the pose/joint/part giving you problems (pairing the magnet with a pin, for example).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:


EDIT: of course, if by "Heroes" you mean "Survivors". Otherwise, I don't know what you are talking about. This game has no heroes, only other bodies.


At least until the Storm Knight expansion hits...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidT wrote:
t3clis wrote:


EDIT: of course, if by "Heroes" you mean "Survivors". Otherwise, I don't know what you are talking about. This game has no heroes, only other bodies.


At least until the Storm Knight expansion hits...


We shall see...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Brian T wrote:
Ok, one more question from someone who is considering jumping on the next KS.

Heroes models. Do you receive enough parts to make all the different hero types? I mean it looks like there are different types of equipment, based on what your heroes have accomplished. So can you have models for starting heroes, plus prepared figures for each new type of armour? I'm just trying to get a better sense of the hero modeling process.


I'd say yes, and no.

Yes, there are armour and weapon spruces for every piece of weapon or armour in the game, even drum and harp spruces are there. However, there's usually only enough armour of a particular set to make 4 survivors (2 males and 2 females). If, for example, you had to females in Phoenix armour kits, equipped with a bow and a katana and during the game, one of your female survivors lost their katana and you decided to replace it with an axe, you wouldn't have an extra phoenix armour set to create a 3rd female survivor, in phoenix armour, equipped with an axe.

This was a concern for my pedantic ass in the beginning, but right now, I just go with more or less accurate weapon depiction and what looks cool on the board.

I try to follow a certain pattern when assembling.

1 Male and 1 Female of each of the following:

- Minimally armoured survivor, with each early game weapon type.
- Moderately to heavily armoured survivor, with each weapon type.
- Survivors which closely resemble the unique armour kits (Warlord, dancer
etc.) wielding my favoured weapons.

I'm waiting for some more male pinups, to add some cooler heroes. There's an abundance of cool female pinups to use in place of the standard survivors.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
re: survivors, I've done a mix of some that look cool and some with specific builds/styles of builds where they work well together. There are so many options that you'll never have perfect WYSIWYG builds, but there are enough parts to have a good variety to get close (for instance, medium-weight armor with a 2-haded poleaxe, even if it's not the right poleaxe or medium armor)

re: heroes, IDK, people of the stars get to be some pretty serious murder factories.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.