BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: I predict the exact oppisite of a previous thread. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to rail on the democrat candidate for being an interrupting douche nozzle right?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/05/kaine-interrupter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, not really a good debate tactic. I would say Pence won, but Kaine accomplished his goal (which was likely not "winning")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find it humorous that ferret's writeup was negative on Kaine for interrupting, but the previous one on Trump wasn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaine definitely was a jerk many times. If it wasn't for the fact that he spoke the truth instead of lies it would have been a good Trump impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I did find it humorous that ferret's writeup was negative on Kaine for interrupting, but the previous one on Trump wasn't.

Well Trump, after all, was debating a woman. The bible is very clear on the point that women must remain silent as they are not allowed to teach or exercise any authority over a man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Well Trump, after all, was debating a woman. The bible is very clear on the point that women must remain silent as they are not allowed to teach or exercise any authority over a man.

Is ferret a Christian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

I am sure sfox knows what he is better than anyone else. Even ferret.
Isnt that right sfox?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: I predict the exact oppisite "disconfirm" of a previous thread.
well; "I am 'OPPOCITE'!"; That is ALL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

If I recall correctly, he is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

What difference does weaselboy's religion make in this discussion? Trump is Christian so he was just doing what his religion tells him he should do when interacting with a woman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
First, this would have been much better if there had been a moderator.

Yeah, Kaine interrupted a bit too much. Tactically unwise and comes off as slightly rude.

I think he was slightly flabbergasted that Pence wouldn't take the bait and didn't even TRY to defend Trump on basically anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pence interrupted plenty of times to state that Trump never said anything ever to anyone out loud or in cyber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Time to rail on the democrat candidate for being an interrupting douche nozzle right?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/05/kaine-interrupter...

Didn't see the whole debate. Was a bit surprised at the aggressiveness of Kaine's interruptions. Was this a tactic designed to keep Pence off balance? If so, not terribly effective and didn't endear him to anybody in the undecided column.

By and large, both men did a credible job of addressing some issues. Would like to have seen Weld in there for a three cornered debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

Isnt that right sfox?

Hell, I just assume all you crazy right-wingers are Christians. Is that wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Different context, and far more obvious and obnoxious with Kaine than with Trump.

But glad you enjoyed the analysis!

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

I'm more an Odinite than anything else, I reckon.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I love it when non-Christians read the Christian Bible. It's so...enlightening...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

Isnt that right sfox?

Hm, I am not sure. Ask Tripp, he might have a good answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Different context, and far more obvious and obnoxious with Kaine than with Trump.

In what way was it different? Kaine did interrupt more often than Trump (~70 vs ~50 times) but Trump was every bit as obnoxious, if not more so, than Kaine.

The ad linked above in the other thread, shows how Kaine took one for the team and executed their strategy brilliantly.

Quote:
But glad you enjoyed the analysis!

Certainly, please keep them coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Is ferret a Christian?

Isnt that right sfox?

Hm, I am not sure. Ask Tripp, he might have a good answer.

True, but you must admit, the assumption would be right more often than wrong. But really not that useful since the same could be said for innumerable groups in this country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I love it when non-Christians read the Christian Bible. It's so...enlightening...?

Do the words and their meanings magically change if you believe, then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I think the idea is that you need to be possessed by the Holy Spirit to truly grok the words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
mutton_chops wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
sfox wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I think the idea is that you need to be possessed by the Holy Spirit to truly grok the words.

But have they read the Qu'ran in the original Arabic? I've been assured by Muslims that if one does this, one is guaranteed to be convinced of its truth (and also, that it's the best, most well-written piece of literature in the history of the world). Seems every religion has some special magic that renders its holy texts all-powerful - as long as you believe in the religion first, of course. Why, it's almost like believers in any given religion are convinced only they know the truth about it (and that it is indeed the only, and ultimate, truth)...it almost feels like something else is at work here, something about human psychology, rather than the reality of supernature...how odd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the responses to this thread, I think we can declare the OP's prediction to be incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuraicat wrote:
Based on the responses to this thread, I think we can declare the OP's prediction to be incorrect.

That and atheists still insufferable assholes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.