7 Posts

The Resistance: Avalon» Forums » General

Subject: Percy to OP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maitqt huqet
msg tools
When to use percy?

everytime we have used percival the good always win. its like 80% winchanse when percy is along. Should it be that way?

Are we doin anything wrong? ofc with percy we always introduce morgana.
but its to obvious that morgana isnt merlin in the end.

i think percy should be used in 8+ player games. any less and its almoast a guarantee "good" win? with no chanse of finding merlin (almoast).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Heitman
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Percy still has to figure out from Merlin who's good and who's bad. The spy team should be picking up on that. And if Percy tries to play Merlin towards the beginning, he's bound to say something flat out wrong, which spies should also notice. We've always found him very balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Morgana should play more like Merlin than Merlin would.

Just note that Morgana should remember that she isn't actually Merlin when she's in a mission. .. to avoid one of the best fails in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
If you use Percy, be sure to use Mordred too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Morgana should play more like Merlin than Merlin would.

Just note that Morgana should remember that she isn't actually Merlin when she's in a mission. .. to avoid one of the best fails in this game.

Yes, Morgana shouldn't be afraid to go all in on playing Merlin, including throwing the assassin under the bus. Remember that a key aspect to playing Morgana is to lure out Merlin. Try to figure out who Percy is, that is often key to finding Merlin.

One thing I like to do as Morgana is to be very Merlin-esque and as soon as I get an inkling of an idea who Merlin might be I try to convince the table that he/she is evil. Not necessarily aggressively, but I definitely try to push the idea that "Merlin" is evil. One thing Percy is typically looking for is to see which of the two Merlin/Morgana's trust the other and which of them don't. The one who doesn't trust the other is Merlin, or at least that is what Percy will typically conclude. So if Morgana can throw Merlin under the bus, evil has pretty much won the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rundle
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rippmaster wrote:
When to use percy?

everytime we have used percival the good always win. its like 80% winchanse when percy is along. Should it be that way?

Are we doin anything wrong? ofc with percy we always introduce morgana.
but its to obvious that morgana isnt merlin in the end.

i think percy should be used in 8+ player games. any less and its almoast a guarantee "good" win? with no chanse of finding merlin (almoast).

This win rate should fall dramatically if the spies simply start looking for Percival during the game. Morgana, especially, should be looking for someone who is interested in her - and one other person. That person is Merlin. Bang! Game over for the spies. Every time someone mentions the name of the Morgana player, note who else he/she mentions. Unless Percival is very, very careful indeed, he will give away Merlin to Morgana, no matter how well or badly Morgana may play her own 'pretend to be Merlin' role.

Even if Percival does a top-notch job, it is not usually hard to find Merlin in a 7 or 8-player game. At least a couple of players have generally ruled themselves out by their choices (voting/team selection/what they say), leaving a very small range of people to choose from. It needs a real team effort from all the good guys to disguise Merlin - and then the good guys really deserve their win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's an Avalon guide posted in these forms, along with a related discussion thread, that goes through a lot of these character-specific strategies and relationships. It's admittedly long, but it does cover a lot of the questions, concerns, and ideas that I see posted in the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.