Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the 1x1 Mod pieces please include a symbol of their effects?

A simple "+2" somewhere on the GTS and the Mission Computer. A "-4" on the Shield Piercer. A "Max" on the Environmental Shield.

I understand that space on the Shield Piercer and the Envorimental Shield is limited... but I'd be fine with it written directly over the Use Space Icon.

One less random number to have to remember during game play.

Looking forward to its release!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really hope the mods have some reference to their exact effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
A good suggestion, possibly one that Cody already considered, but quite possibly too late, since I know files have already been submitted to Panda. I'll ensure Cody sees this, in case there's still time to make changes (but I don't think there is.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
That said, I'll mention that through playtesting, we found these numbers were actually quite easy to remember. I still think your suggestion is good, but if it doesn't make it in, I think you'll find that it's not really an issue either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing in my experience is that certain players lean towards using certain mods. So those people will very quickly have memorized what the ability is for their favorite mod(s). So most people won't have to memorize that many new things right away.

Though Ira is right, it rarely comes up that someone forgets what a mod does in my experience.

I'm also sure that someone will create a card sized play aid that you can print out and consult during game. This community is pretty good at turning out great material like that, and if nobody else makes it, I will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ira212 wrote:
A good suggestion, possibly one that Cody already considered, but quite possibly too late, since I know files have already been submitted to Panda. I'll ensure Cody sees this, in case there's still time to make changes (but I don't think there is.)

Pretty sure I mentioned it during the playtest...I doubt I was the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Pretty sure I mentioned it during the playtest...I doubt I was the only one.
This is the first time I've seen it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.