Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

The Trog Brooding Pool building allows you to "pay up to 3 wrenches in a single action to add an equal number of Trog minis from the reserve here"

Does the single wrench required to activate the building count towards the wrenches spent toward recruitment? E.g. if I have an existing Brooding Pool in a region and play cards totaling 3 wrenches all spent to activate this Brooding Pool, would I add 2 or 3 Trog minis to the region?

Given how the other buildings work my hunch is that the "up to 3 wrenches" are in addition to the activation cost but would love confirmation.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
Hi all,

The Trog Brooding Pool building allows you to "pay up to 3 wrenches in a single action to add an equal number of Trog minis from the reserve here"

Does the single wrench required to activate the building count towards the wrenches spent toward recruitment? E.g. if I have an existing Brooding Pool in a region and play cards totaling 3 wrenches all spent to activate this Brooding Pool, would I add 2 or 3 Trog minis to the region?

Given how the other buildings work my hunch is that the "up to 3 wrenches" are in addition to the activation cost but would love confirmation.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think this is clearly identified, but that is how we play it. Our thoughts are that the first wrench is to activate the building, which then let's you spend up to three more wrenches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

The activation cost is separate from the ability cost.

You pay 1 wrench to activate the building. The ability of that building has an additional cost which is 0 to 3 wrenches. The wrench you paid to activate the building does not count towards the ability cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.