Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i have a group of three that are somewhat local plus one that isn't. Is there any reason that a webcam pointed at a table wouldn't work for this game? Other than it being difficult to see things, is there anything hidden that the person would need to see? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most information is public, but there is some secret information. One example is in the research rules in the base game: You may be in a position where you draw more than one research card, choose one of them secretly, and return the rest without showing them to the other players. The one you keep becomes public, but not the others.

Even with the public information, there's so much information spread out that it seems to me extremely impractical to play in the way you're suggesting. I think the remote player would be constantly asking the other players to read things to him, it would slow things way down and he probably wouldn't be able to play very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's what i was worried about, all the info everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try the prologue to get a good feel for how difficult it's going to be. I think that by itself will convince you (and him) that it's pretty difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roger that, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless your group is used to playing games with both in person and remote players, I wouldn't even try the prologue that way. There is a good bit of player board management that is done, along with wanting to see the available island locations ect. I am all for inclusion but I think you may be sacrificing everyone's enjoyment to get that last player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this for 1 game of Pandemic Legacy and we found it to be unworkable. We were using an iphone for the camera. It just wasn't good enough for the remote player to see what was going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it would help to take quality stills of the key locations (islands, cards, etc) for the remote player to reference? For example, all of the (starting) advisors, ship upgrades, and structures are already available online, so the remote player could use those images for reference (printed out, perhaps).

It still sounds like it would be a LOT of work, but if the remote player was a really good friend that everyone was willing to suffer a bit to include, it could be done.

A rather more expensive but more playable option would be for the remote player to have a second copy of the game, copying moves and making any changes to the board as the main game does. Bonus: that way you could "destroy" two legacy games for a single campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.